cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload cap?

fatdeeman
Grafter

Upload cap?

I was uploading a video to Vimeo today and cursing how long it takes as usual when I realised it was uploading at around 300KB/s when I know my router connects at 1meg so then I remembered you once needed to make a request for the upload cap to be removed, is that still necessary and if so can I have it removed please?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upload cap?

Hi fatdeeman,
I've just checked and I have to admit I expected to see that your upstream was capped and it's not! I'm going to advise running some tests here http://www.speedtester.bt.com to see what that shows your exact upstream as then raise a fault here if it's still an issue: http://faults.plus.net
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LenAsh
Grafter

How do I request the upload cap to be lifted? My current 443 kbps upload renders Google Drive sync hideous!
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi LenAsh,
I can see that an order to uncap the upstream has been placed, though it looks like it's not due to complete until January. If that's not soon enough for you I'd recommend you post back on the 27th and we'll cancel that and place another for you.
LenAsh
Grafter

I hadn't asked for the uncap previously, so not sure where the "order" came from?
I have requested unlimited though...
fatdeeman
Grafter

I did a test and the upload seemed fine so I guess vimeo just doesn't report the upload speed very accurately! The download speed seemed to be a bit lower than expected considering my sync speed however.
In the plusnet member centre it said my current line speed is 18.8mb but my router consistently syncs at over 21mb, is this normal? I know throughput will always be lower than the sync speed but it says the 18.8mb figure relates to my sync speed?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Current line speed is the BT IP Profile rounded down to the nearest 0.1Mbps. A Current line speed of 18.8Mbps goes with a sync speed in the range 21.31 to 21.42Mbps. IP Profile = 88.2% of sync speed on 21CN. In the real world actual speeds of 80-83% sync speed are good.
David
LenAsh
Grafter

I still have a hideous upload speed...