cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload bitloading query

maximod
Grafter

Upload bitloading query

Today my router re sync'd after 10+ days after changeover to adsl2 (20cn to 21cn).
During the training period the upload remained at 431kb and bitloading to match, now the bitloading has increased to 728kb on the bitloading graph, but the rate is still at 431kb, and tests confirm this.
Is this a limitation problem of my old 2700hgv router, or is some limit set by plusnet ?
Paul.
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Upload bitloading query

It's certainly not a limit of the 2700. I've got one in the office on a Demon llu line and get >1mb upload.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

maximod
Grafter

MisterW,
Thanks for the reply, can you please tell me what firmware version you are using ?
Reason i ask is if you are able to access the diagnostic page,see if you can see the bitloading graph and please let me know if the higher tones have any single bitloading on any of them ?
I am trying to see if the older firmware versions have limitations for adsl2.
Thanks,
Paul.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Our suppliers tell us that standards for ADSL2 (not 2+) should support 1 bit bitloading across the board.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maximod
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Thanks for letting me know.
Just remembered i still have a Netgear dg834gt with the dgteam firmware, as dmt supports bitloading info for the router, i will give it a spin soon and see what transpires !
Pity the Netgear has poor wifi and poor tone reuse compared to the 2700hgv.
Paul.
maximod
Grafter

Depression in bitloading for no obvious reason

I have been monitoring a problem for some time now where bitloading around tone 85 area does not correspond to reduced snr for that tone area.
Does anybody know why ?
I can understand if the relevant tone/s snr was to reduce, but i cannot see the logic here, this effect is on 2 different make routers.
Whilst the screenshot shows the depression, it is usually far more pronounced.
Paul.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Topics merged as it appears to be a continuation of the same problem