Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speeds

chris300
Grafter

Upload Speeds

Hello
Could some one please help me as im so depressed about this it hurts.
i recently moved address 2 weeks ago to be exact, a week before my move i had phoned plusnet to arrange my move
a BT engineer came on the monday and installed the line, and then had to wait until the following monday for the broadband package to come through the line
it was tuesday when my broadband turned on, from the moment it came on i was having problems, i would be online then the broadband went off, then it would come back on
after two days the broadband was going on and off so frequently going online was just pointless especially online gaming
rang plusnet customer services explained how i knew i was going through the line training phase but disconnecting didnt seem right, he ran some tests unplugging equipment, unplugging filters
he told me that he had detected a fault on the line and after me agreeing to the conditions that if the fault was in my property then i could be billed £50, then he could send another engineer round
friday was the date arranged for the engineer visit, after he came, he told me that i was one of the unlucky ones who had had a contract engineer who had done a bodge job
the engineer was here for an hour and half, and said i shouldnt have any problems and should get great speeds living so close to the exchange
after the engineer left i switched on the broadband and sure enough the fault of broadbvand switching off and on seemed to have been resolved, after an hour i went online
i ran a speed test 14.98 d/l --- 0.42 u/l it was the upload that i didnt understand, even in the  first two days when my broadband was first installed and the broadband was going on and off i saw speeds of 17 d/l and 1.2 u/l
I spoke to plusnet customer services again that same night and explained my new speeds especially the upload being so lw, i was told that because the line had had faults that it be banded
he told me that he could lift the band and sort out a new profile which would reset my line, i would have to wait till tuesday before i saw what my new profile would be like
so today is tuesday ive been in my property coming on for three weeks i spoke to a plusnet engineerand told him that after running tests agin on my line one of which was the bt wholesale test which i did while the engineer was on the phone and my resuts are exactly the same my upload was reading 0.38kbs
this is what hurts i was then told that that was the maximum upload i could get on my line, the whole purpose for my move here in the first place was because of the excellent broadband reception that was advertised for this area. im at a loss online gaming is a joke i keep getting disconnected or told contacting gaming server
i then asked about fibre and was told it was not available in this area
im at a loss and thinking about cancelling everything i dont have a braodband connection for anything else i dont even use a phone of the line
please is there anyone who can look at my profile or exchange and give me the real facts, as i dont believe after three weeks of messing about that being told that thats the maximum my line can handle is a good enough answer.
Sorry for the long drawn out question
Regards
chris
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Upload Speeds

Can you post the stats from the router - see the speed sticky at the top of this board - as it is possible that in all the fiddling about the upload has been capped (probably at 440 or 443kbps)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The upload is uncapped, I've just checked the orders and the uncap completed. However the line is currently synced at 443 up.
I'm going to try a reset on the upload to see if that kicks it to where it should be.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Should be sorted now, I can see your upload is now connected at 1267.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chris300
Grafter

Thankyou  Cheesy  Thankyou what ever you just did has worked so far my upload speed test is showing 1.1 mb upload
I cant say thankyou enough, it was literally the end of the world not half an hour ago lol
Chris
Legend

No problem. Basically we'd requested that your upload was uncapped and the order to do this had completed but for some reason it hadn't kicked through to your line correctly, I reset the line and voila.