Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed

mikelally
Grafter

Upload Speed

Hi
Is it possible to uncap my upload speeds please. At the moment I'm getting upload speeds of only 250kbps and could do with a bit faster.
Thanks
Mike
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Upload Speed

If you're only getting upload speeds of 250kbps then that suggests a problem elsewhere unless you're connection's been 'banded'. I'd expect it to be closer to 448kbps at least, even before uncapping.
If you raise a support ticket then I'm sure one of our support staff can take a look at you're account to see if there's anything they can do. If you post the ticket ID here then there's a chance one of us can pick it up too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mikelally
Grafter

Hi Bob
Just ran a few tests on my line and it seems to have settled down a bit. Upload speed is now back up to about 360kbps which is it's normal value. Download speed is still low Looking at a BT speedtest I just ran BT give an IP profile of 7.78 Mbps but your Plusnet "current speed" gives 5.4. Can you give this a quick kick for me please. Also I am having to share a number of power point presentations with colleagues in different parts of the country so the best way for me is to upload them, typical size 150Mb, to a file sharing site and email the link to my colleagues. For this reason I would still like to go with removing the upload cap please.
Thanks for your help
Mike
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You may also want to check your Exchange VP status at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
mikelally
Grafter

Hi Anotherone
Yes I checked that out and all is OK.
Mike
mikelally
Grafter

Hi All
Just noticed that FTTC is available for my exchange so I've placed an order with PlusNet for a change to a fible product. My download speeds on ADSL2+ are between 5000kbps and 7500kbps so I should get a good speed increase. Bob, it's not really worth the trouble of uncapping my uploads at the moment. The FTTC will give me plenty of speed for all I need to upload. The new cabinet is about 700m away, by road, although there may be a closer one I've not noticed.
Thanks all
Mike