cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speed

asha197

Upload Speed

I'm wondering if its possible to increase my upload speed? When doing speed tests im getting 17mb dl but a poxy 0.3mb ul. Is there anyway i can increase my upload speed ?Huh
7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Upload Speed

I've placed an order for your upload speeds to be uncapped for you. You should notice a difference in the upload speeds from the early hours tomorrow morning.
asha197

Thanks Chris. Does this come with any downsides at all? For example will it cost extra or effect download speeds? Thanks again
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It doesn't affect your downstream speeds and it doesn't cost anything extra Smiley
It doesn't really have a downside. On a very, very rare occasion, it can cause a line to become unstable but it's very rare and I don't see that being the case with your line.
asha197

That's amazing ! Thanks Chris ! You've made my day  Cheesy
asha197

After waiting a couple days and retesting my speeds, i still only have 0.9 mb upload speed and have 18 mb download speed. I know you said youve asked for it to be uncapped but is there any way you can check if this has actually been uncapped? Still seems very low. If it has been uncapped is there any way i can increase this further???
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Please post your router stats here.
At 0.9Mbps it looks like your speed is indeed "uncapped" and if so the line will do the best it can.
Annex M would give you more US speed at the expense of DS speed.  It is a chargeable option, however I think it is only available on business packages.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi asha197,
I can confirm that your upload is indeed uncapped. Your upload sync rate is showing as 1.2Mbps and this is the best that you're going to be able to get on your line.
As Townman has stated - Annex M is a chargeable option and currently only available on business packages.