Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to fibre - a quick question!

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Upgrading to fibre - a quick question!

We are upgrading to fibre, the engineer is booked for the 22nd. However, we haven't taken delivery of the new router yet. Just a bit concerned that we may be stuck waiting for delivery and hence no broadband.
How long before the engineer/ after booking the upgrade, should we allow for delivery before we start to worry?
We signed up on the 6th Sept.
5 REPLIES 5
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Upgrading to fibre - a quick question!

The router should usually arrive a few days before activation. However, if you would like me to send it out early please PM me your username and I will Smiley
Dan
picbits
Rising Star

My router turned up around 30 seconds before the engineer Wink (actually a bit of exaggeration but they do seem to leave it until the last minute).
You can also connect straight from the BT FTTC modem to a PC via Ethernet in an emergency via a PPPoE - it might be worth doing a quick search and saving the instructions or printing them out just in case.
DanHodby
Grafter

I've sent the router out manually now so it should arrive in plenty of time for the installation Smiley
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks Dan, router arrived about two days after your post. I thought I had replied, but using smartphone ,this not so smart person, didn't click 'post'.
All ready now, keen and eager.
mapletree
Grafter

Quote from: DomS
My router turned up around 30 seconds before the engineer Wink (actually a bit of exaggeration but they do seem to leave it until the last minute).

My router showed up after the BTOR engineer had aleady started work.