cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from standard broadband to fibre?

spinnaker

Upgrading from standard broadband to fibre?

Hi,
I am looking to register a new account with Plusnet with a mind to getting a fibre connection. My exchange is supposed to be getting upgraded in the next few months according to the BT checker. I wanted to know if I could register for a broadband account and then upgrade when my exchange has been upgraded? Are there extra costs involved? What happens with the contracts?
I already have a BT line in place (and have paid for a year of line rental up front so wouldn't be switching my phone service to PN).
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Upgrading from standard broadband to fibre?

Hi there,
Would this be in addition to your existing account? If not you can upgrade your existing account to fibre rather having to open another one which could cause all sorts of confusion Smiley
To answer your questions:
Yes, you can upgrade as soon as fibre is available for you to order.
Yes, Fibre is more expensive than ADSL and a little bit more so if you don't have phone with us (an extra £2.50 a month) - you can see the prices for fibre here: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/broadband-only/
Your existing contract will end (with no charge to yourself) and you'll start a new 18 month contract on Fibre from the date the order completes.
Hope that helps, and thanks.
spinnaker

Hi Matt.
Thanks for your help.
Yes, this would be a new account for a new address in addition to my current account.
Thanks for your answers, they were all the replies I wanted to hear. Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In that case the contract information doesn't apply, assuming you were talking about the contract on your existing account. That would continue as is and the new account would start an 18 month contract once the service was installed.