cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded package and now internet is down

VICTORIAP

Upgraded package and now internet is down

Hi,
I've been a plusnet customer since 2013 and this morning I decided to upgrade my package online to unlimited fibre. About 10 minutes after payment was taken and confirmation email sent from plusnet, my internet went down. It wont even let me log in to my router using the correct details. It just says "authentication failed". I'm assuming this isnt a coincidence and plusnet have changed some settings? I would like to know how I can fix this or how long this interruption will last. I've tried calling but just get hung up on and no response via twitter. Surely I dont have to wait until they send out the new router?
1 REPLY 1
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Upgraded package and now internet is down

Hi @VICTORIAP

An upgrade from ADSL to fibre will not be completed instantly. An engineer is required to complete external work and an activation date is dependant on engineer availability in the area. Upon an upgrade to fibre, a new router will be dispatched that is suitable for a fibre connection. Some older style routers aren't capable of supporting fibre.

I can see that you changed your account password online, and this was the reason as to why you experienced a loss in the broadband. This does occasionally happen and the authentication error was due to the credentials needing to be updated through the router settings. You now have an active connection.

Sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team