Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Speed in our location

FIXED
alcorn63
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Upgraded Speed in our location

Hi we've been informed by Open reach our area has finally been upgraded to Super fast fibre broadband. However when doing checks with Plusnet it still shows as the slower service? i.e fibre up to cabinet and standard Tel wire to home max speed 11mb but in reality 5mb. My question is will Plusnet now allow us mid contract to upgrade us to the new super fast 66mb fibre service and give us the upgraded router 2 . If we agree to start a new contract with them ? Been with Plusnet for years on home broadband and 2 mobile phones.
11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Upgraded Speed in our location

@alcorn63 Put your phone number into here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and post the results ( redact your phone number before posting as this is a public forum ). That will show exactly what is available...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@alcorn63 

PlusNet won't upgrade you automatically - as there's a good chance it'll cost more. I see no reason why PlusNet wouldn't allow an upgrade with a new contract.

One the results page previoulsy mentioned it would be nice to see WBC FTTP in the left hand column. It'll either be that or VDSL (FTTC). With the latter you'd be given high and low speeds for a good and impacted line.

Brian

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@alcorn63 wrote:
Hi we've been informed by Open reach our area has finally been upgraded to Super fast fibre broadband. However when doing checks with Plusnet it still shows as the slower service? i.e fibre up to cabinet ...

@alcorn63 

Even if FTTP shows as available to you on the checker linked by MisterW, checking on PlusNet will only show FTTC as they don't yet officially do FTTP.

Apparently it's coming soon.

alcorn63
Rising Star

Don't really understand this at all? Been informed by Open reach our area has been upgraded to Superfast fibre broadband up to 80MBps? When I put my location in it now confirms this with a welcome to Fibre broadband. ;But ! It's dosnt match up with the information supplies have got . It says fibre to cabinet and cable to house max 11mbps. I actually get 7mb on a good day.
bmc
Hero

@alcorn63 

If you can post a screen image of the results (after hiding your phone number) we may be able to advise.

A mis-match in records is not unknown.

Brian

alcorn63
Rising Star

I've found the file attach limits but unable to find attach file sorry
bmc
Hero

@alcorn63 

If you take a screen image of the results window and save it you your computer you can then add it to a post by clicking on the link which looks like a mountain (to the left of the video camera).

Brian

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@alcorn63  this is where you attach a pic file

attach picture icon.png

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you are too far from the fibre point, you may see little difference.

graph.png

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero

Fix

@alcorn63 

If the Checker shown in post #2 shows WBC FTTP Available then you can now upgradge to FTTP - it was launched for existing customers on Wednesday.

You need to give them a phone to see what's available.

Brian