cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre - slower than before!

sdp

Upgrade to fibre - slower than before!

I've just switched to FTTC broadband with a BT Openreach contractor turning up today (second attempt as BT simply cancelled the first appointment without a reason). The download speed is 3.5mb, when the estimated speed should be around 38mb. The upload is around 8mb which seems about right. Is this normal for new connections? I realise they take time to sync sometimes but it seems crazy that it's so slow.
cheers
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Upgrade to fibre - slower than before!

Hi sdp,
Really sorry for the poor speeds you've had here. If you could reboot your router you should start to see an increase in speeds.
sdp

I had rebooted it last night (it having been installed mid-morning) and it was the same. I'll try it again this evening and let you know.
thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It shouldn't have been the same.
Can you ensure that you're connected with an Ethernet Cable so we can check your speeds without any interference.
sdp

Hi,
I rebooted it again last night and it's come up at about 35mb - not quite as much as I was expecting but significantly better than before! I'd been using a wired connection for all of my tests, I guess it just took longer than I was expecting to increase the speeds.
thanks
Steve
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to see the speed increase has finally kicked in for you
Any further problems please let us know
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team