Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre - Facts needed

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Upgrade to Fibre - Facts needed

Looks like you were given bad advice - they should have told you it was a lack of capacity and to keep checking every few days.
Advice: It's possible that it is now available because someone else has cancelled their FTTC in which case there may only be one port available. I recommend to contact Plusnet ASAP because there's a risk that if you delay someone else may get in first. It's also possible BT have upgraded the cabinet to add more ports in which case there's less chance of that happening.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ReadiBoy
Dabbler

Thanks Spoon, I'm unable to call until 4pm, but will do so then.
I'm still confused really, as that Wholesale readout has been the same this whole time, before during and after my original Fibre application. That could be BT's fault but still, you're right, the lack of capacity should have been explained, especially as that's a simple reason that I (and hopefully most people) would be happy to accept. I'll post again once I've resolved this later.
ReadiBoy
Dabbler

Spoken over the phone and have secured the new customer rate for Unlimited Fibre Extra (thanks for the advice Spoon).
Only strange thing is that my online order, placed on 20/1/16, didn't process properly meaning I'll be waiting another 10 working days from today for it to be enabled.
Still, I got the discount and capacity is available, so overall I'm happy enough Smiley