cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade removed VOIP

mikeathome

Upgrade removed VOIP

Hi All,
On the 9th December I changed my account from Broadband Premier Option 1 to Broadband Your Way Option 3 to take advantage of the included 240 minutes of VOIP Calls. Before the change I had VOIP working fine on the non-trial system. Since the change my Phone calls tab in the Member Centre has changed from showing a record of calls made and tariffs etc. to a web page that gives the option to buy broadband phone. If I attempt to follow the link to activate the broadband phone, I am returned to the first web page. If I attempt to make a VOIP call to a PSTN number, a message tells me that I have no credit on my account. I have raised question number 23457917 to attempt to get this fixed, but to date it has not happened despite chasing it on several occasions. As I am hitting brick wall trying to get this fixed, could a member of the comms team have a look and let me know what progress is being made please. It would also be interesting to know vif anyone else has had the same problem.
Regards, Mike
4 REPLIES 4
Mand
Grafter

Re: Upgrade removed VOIP

Hi there,
I think I *may* have fixed this for you. Smiley
Can you login and give it a try for me now please and let me know if you are able to make calls and view your details?
mikeathome

Hi Mand,
You're a star!! It's working now with the exception that the portal shows that I don't have a lo-call rate number registered. Is it possible to resurrect my old number or should I register for a new one? As a matter of interest what was the problem?
Once again, thanks for your help.
Regards, Mike
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Glad to hear that's sorted it for you.
It would be quicker to register a new one, but I can raise a request to get the old number back if it's a major issue for you?
The problem was that when you upgraded you had an extra Broadband Phone component added, which didn't work as you already had one from before. We then tried (and so did you I believe) to activate the component which led to you having a few different components on your account.
All I did was destroy them all and add a nice shiny new one. Smiley
mikeathome

Hi Mand,
New number registered, but when I call it, it goes to voicemail. My SPA-2002 config hasn't changed and incoming calls worked OK with my old account. Is there a delay before the incoming number becomes active, or is there another problem?
Regards, Mike