cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade change time?

Reynoldsash

Upgrade change time?

Hi, I moved home this month and during the move process upgraded from broadband to fibre unlimited. Engineer came out on the 7th and was back online that day however checking my account details online today I'm still listed as being on broadband unlimited not fibre. Does it normally take a while to update details or this not normal? Or am I still just on broadband and not fibre?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Upgrade change time?

Hi Reynoldsash,
Welcome to our Community forums.
I've checked your account and you are on our Fibre Unlimited product and it looks like you're receiving the correct speeds too.
Is everything OK from your side?
Reynoldsash

Hi thanks for the reply, yes everything's connecting and running ok this end. It was just with logging on the other night it showed as plusnet unlimited with the options to upgrade to fibre unlimited and fibre extra so wanted to confirm.
Also I seem to be connecting on most of my devices at around 10 or 15mb. When I moved and upgraded the move team said I'd be able to receive the 40 or 80mb options at my address so assumed that if the line could take 80mb then taking the 40 shouldn't have a problem coming close to that. If I'm only getting around 15mb now would upgrading to the 80mb extra option still just come through at those kind of speeds?
Thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As a final check please post the result of a BT speed test further diagnostics
Reynoldsash

hi Jim, how do I go about that? I went to bt and ran speed check but it just gave me download and upload figures no other further info. Wired it came out at 23Mb and Wireless 16Mb, im guessing wired is usually stronger anyway. The speeds not so much the issue I was just wondering if I went to 80Mb from 40 would I end up paying more but still just get the same speeds I am now?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

After running the BT speedtest http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ you will see this page
Just click where I have outlined
If it doesn't work just give the upload and download speeds from the original page