cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade? Unlimited or Pro

ToonBall
Dabbler

Upgrade? Unlimited or Pro

Anyone who can give some advice from experience then that would be great.
Firstly my experience of PlusNet support / service is not good  Cry , but fortunately I generally do not have that many issues. Smiley
I raised the following support ticket  24hours ago and so far no reply.  So can anyone help? 
I have been Plus Net customer since 2003. When I signed up I choose PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 at the time.
This is costing £21.52 per month minus referrals I have acquired.
I wondering if I switched to the new Plusnet Unlimited or Plusnet Pro broadband option, would I lose my referrals and the website I have?
Am I right in assume my package has the speed of the Unlimited? It seems from the Help Section that Unlimited is slower than the Pro and has only 13Gb Peak allowance compared to the Pro's 15Gb.
~~~~~~~~~~ New queries  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Peak times is 4pm to Midnight which much better than what is on offer 8am to Midnight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Any my thanks for reading
The phrases 'Unlimited' and 'Speeds upto' are misleading and should not be used!!!  Angry
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Upgrade? Unlimited or Pro

Hiya,
I just tried giving you a quick ring for a chat about our new products, but I suspect you're in the unfortunate majority, working when the weather is glorious outside!
A few points:
- You won't lose your referrals
- You won't lose your website
- There is no usage allowance on unlimited
- There is a 15GB peak (8am-midnight) usage allowance on Pro.
Basically, on unlimited, there are various rate limits in place, which are not present on Pro.  On Pro, all of your usage is prioritised to give you the best available speeds at all times of the day.
ToonBall
Dabbler

Thanks James, very useful info.
However is the package I have at the moment - PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1  have the same rate limits as Unlimited?
Shame that the support ticket I closed had no reply 24+ hours.
Lesson learnt - Ask the Forum don't bother with support tickets.
James
Grafter

ToonBall
Dabbler

Thanks James
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

You could have a look here for side by side comparisons http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping2.htm
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'