cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on this morning's outage

Bing1234

Re: Update on this morning's outage

Hi Peter
Thanks.  I've now managed to log into my main account through telnet, but not the sub accounts using username+mailbox name.
Bing1234

Hi James
I can log into the main account and Office using webmail, but not Bing or Fax.  The Bing Account appears to be working through Outlook.
James
Grafter

Strange!
I can log into both of them!  Are you definitely entering the username and password entirely in lower case?
Username of accountname+bing ?
(I'm aware that the mailbox name isn't actually bing)
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

You said earlier something about resetting your password.  Was it for that account?  Are you definately using the correct password?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bing1234

Hi James
Thanks for your help.
I have now managed to access the accounts through webmail.
I have deleted the accounts in Outloox Express and set up again, but this is still not working correctly.  Please can you confirm whether the password I should be using is the main password on the individual mail box password?
Also the emails that were in the office account on webmail have now disappeared, but the outlook account is still not working.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Something (some other PC perhaps) must be picking up the emails as they would not just disappear from your inbox.
When accessing a named mailbox you should use the password entered when you created it. NOte: changing your main portal password does not change any named mailbox passwords.
Bing1234

Hi Everyone
Thanks for your help. 
All email accounts appear to be working properly in Outlook now, so I guess it just took a while to reset the accounts.
James
Grafter

That's great to hear.
Glad I was able to help.
ctech500
Grafter

I was just curious to know would this outage have disrupted mail delivery via smtp?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Nope. The OP states he has not got a problem with sending mail, only accessing their POP mailboxes.
donj53
Grafter

Well I still cant get access to any of my mailboxes only the main.I'm now setting up google mail addresses as I have never known a company to lose so much e-mail.This is not the first disaster regarding e-mail plusnet have had and I doubt it will be their last.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

are you always so impatient that you dont take any advise before jumping, give other people a chance to help you.
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Nope. The OP states he has not got a problem with sending mail, only accessing their POP mailboxes.

Hmm so.. one could get their mail delivered via SMTP  and then "pop" it locally without setting up an Mail server