cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Internet

247Evans

Unstable Internet

Hi,

My internet and router were setup 5 days ago (on the 12th) and although i was informed that it may take a few days for the internet to settle down its been getting worse and worse.

For the first few days it was manageable but now we can barely have 2 devices doing anything at the same time without there being major slowdown for both.

The weird thing is when i check the data rates when i log into the router they are on par with the previous supplier at the same address.

To give an example when downloading (from the same place) i would download somewhere between 4-5mbs with the previous supplier but now i dont even manage 1mbs. To make matters worse if i am downloading anything every other device suffers and this was not the case with the previous supplier.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Unstable Internet

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

If you can PM us your username we can look into this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
247Evans

I am part of a Uni household who pays for a bills package, the ISP for the bills package is yourselves but i have not been provided with the login details.

Can i PM you my address?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sure thing. Feel free to PM me.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Are all the devices wifi connected?

What are they trying to do concurrently?

Do you have admin access to the router?

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.