cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresolved "fault" now ongoing for 3 weeks....bad to worse!!!!

stranex
Dabbler

Unresolved "fault" now ongoing for 3 weeks....bad to worse!!!!

So, almost 3 weeks ago I raised a ticket regarding slow connection speeds and dropping connections I was seeing on my line. I posted here regarding the slow response to my ticket and was promised a swift resolution by one of the most experienced members of the team by Adam. Somebody did indeed get in touch eventually and suggested changing the DNS settings in my router config which gave me a bit more stability but I was still seeing drops in speeds from 20Mbps to anything from 1-11 Mbps. I eventually secured an engineer visit for this morning and took time off work ( the fourth time I've had to do this for an engineer visit in the 4 months since "upgrading" to Fibre!). OR Engineer came, saw nothing wrong but changed port in the cab, declared fault fixed and left.....
Now, NO CONNECTION WHAT SO EVER!!!! Have reset modem, reset router, changed DNS settings etc all to no avail. Bt modem and router both show green "connected to Internet" lights but all devices show connected to network but no Internet access!!! I phoned support at 11 this morning and they suggested the things I'd already doneU. Eventually they gave up and said they'd pass it on to faults team who had possession of my ticket. Here we are at half 5 and still no response and I'm without internet and mobile coverage (use a sure signal box).
So, in summary, 4 months since changing to Fibre....:4 engineer visits and corresponding time off work and now I have no better speed than when first changed over and indeed now have no connection at all!!! As a plusnet (nee force9) customer for over 15 years , the last 4 months have been a nightmare for me. Will I see any compensation for my time spent on these problems? Will I have the opportunity to leave my contract early? Will I ever get connected to the net again? All questions that support may one day answer but all that I fully expect to be answered in the negative!
"good, honest broadband".....I beg to differ and will be complaIning unreservedly to Plusnet, the regulator and anyone else who cares to listen. To be left without Internet and for nobody to even get back to you for over 6 hours to explain why is scandalous......
8 REPLIES 8
stranex
Dabbler

Re: Unresolved "fault" now ongoing for 3 weeks....bad to worse!!!!

12 hours, no connection and no contact from support  Angry
stranex
Dabbler

30 hours, no connection and still no word from plusnet.....
Is anyone able to suggest what I might try to get this resolved? I've tried everything I can think of my end so assume its an OR or Plusnet problem? If it helps, the guy I spoke to yesterday said that no sessions were showing active at their end despite both the modem having the green steady dsl light showing and the router having the same?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stranex,
Really sorry about the delay, I've just asked one of our faults agents to investigate for you - there should be an update on the ticket shortly. I'll update this thread when we know more from him about what's going on.
stranex
Dabbler

So, saga continues!
Just after Matt replied this afternoon I got a text saying OR had identified a "copper fault" (suitably vague) and it should be fixed within 76 hours(!!!!)
I was away at the time but upon my return home I had several messages on my phone for someone else. Strange I thought.....I had a message last night for someone else too. And then it twigged! I phoned my mobile from my landline and low and behold, a completely different number appeared! I phoned my landline from my mobile and low and behold I got through to the "owner" of the number I'd just seen appear! The OR engineer had only gone and transposed the wires in the cab.....I ask you, where do they get these guys from?!?
So, not Plusnets error but that doesn't excuse shoddy support so far. In addition I have phones this evening and made it clear that OR are Plusnets suppliers, not mine. Plusnet have a duty of care (I'd not legal obligation) to fix my faults (I have landline with them too) and I'm now 36 hours without Internet access or correct landline. In addition to missed business productivity due to no Internet I am now also missing calls to mt landline number and being "harassed" by callers wanting someone else!!
Whilst I appreciate Plusnet have not themselves caused the fault they are duty bound to act on my behalf to get this shambles sorted with their supplier and in a timely manner? Surely OR are liable to Plusnet for their error and should pay compensation which in turn should be returned to the end customer (me)? It would appear OR are in no rush to send an engineer to the cab to carry out the simple rectification because, after all, they don't have to deal with irate end customer (me!) , just someone from Plusnet who's acting on my behalf.
I await a resolution to this with interest and will be contacting the regulator too see where I stand in terms of compensation for loss of Internet AND landline through absolutely no fault of my own. I will update here as/when appropriate
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you have suffered financially as a consequence you are entitled to recompense. There's been some discussion of this recently on MoneySavingExpert.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
stranex
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
If you have suffered financially as a consequence you are entitled to recompense. There's been some discussion of this recently on MoneySavingExpert.

Thanks Jelv, I will look into it as I'm sure I am but a recent support answer states that the T&Cs I signed up for exclude loss of earnings etc as a result of bodged jobs.
Anyway, further update.....
Openreach came this morning (without any warning from Plusnet what so ever of course but hey, I was glad to see someone!) and reported me again thus solving the transposed lines and thus getting my braodband connection back up and running. All well and good? Of course not!!!
Just done a speedtest and getting just over 2Mbps....same problem I was having 3 weeks ago! I pay and Plusnet are contracted to provide a stable, in excess of 11Mbps service. I am not receiving this nor have I done so for 3 weeks. Numerous engineers have failed to correctly diagnose why this is happening and I am not talking MORE time off work to continually go around in circles!
Can anyone tell me at what stage I can legally cancel my contract seeing at Plusnet are not fulfilling their contractual obligations? I'm sure they'll just offer to send out another engineer who will likely find nothing just like the previous SIX occasions....at what stage am I entitled to say "enough is enough"?
stranex
Dabbler

"Plusnet...We'll do you Proud"......DO ME A FAVOUR!!!!!  Angry  Angry  Angry
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: stranex
Thanks Jelv, I will look into it as I'm sure I am but a recent support answer states that the T&Cs I signed up for exclude loss of earnings etc as a result of bodged jobs.

Contract terms cannot override your rights under the law - however much companies may try to insist they do.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)