cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable internet

gilmacmil
Dabbler

Unreliable internet

My internet connection has become unreliable again. The last time that it happened you did something that corrected it. The explanation that you gave was 'Your line has become banded meaning that it's restricting the speed to try and make sure it's stable'.  Can you please do again what you did then? 

PS The last time that this happened I had telephoned Plusnet several times and posted tickets and the only thing that had any effect was making contact through this forum. Hence the treason why I am going straight to you this time.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Unreliable internet

It seems to have started from yesterday.

image1472573033242

Our tests aren't showing any cause for this. I'd recommend raising this at https://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gilmacmil
Dabbler

Thanks for the response. I have been on the troubleshooter. And  much of it seems inappropriate as even when we cannot get online we are connected but apparently not strongly enough. If I click on the Plusnet connection I get this information:

Connection status: Connected
Restricted IP: No
SSID: PLUSNET-37N8KH
BSSID: 00:37:b7:c0:1e:11
Security: WPA-PSK
Frequency: 2412 MHz
Signal Strength: 65%
Hardware address: CC:3D:82:4E:80:3B

Access to this network is protected.

I think this means that our equipment is working. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for getting back to us. If you're connection is dropping out as Matthew has indicated, this usually points to a physical fault somewhere. The broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net will guide you through a couple of internal checks and then you can complete it to raise a fault to us if you need to. One of the main checks is to connect your router into your test socket (if you haven't done so already).

I hope this helps

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button