cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreliable and slow

bitemarx
Dabbler

Unreliable and slow

I signed  up for an unlimited broadband package a few months ago, and all has been well till about a week ago when the speeds started becoming very variable. It has become so slow nowadays that it is impossible to play youtube videos or any videos for that matter. Web pages load ridiculously slow!
This is the case at most times during the day and night with a few hours of good speed interspersed in between.
Is this a common problem?
What can I do about this?
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Unreliable and slow

Pop up some more information -ADSL ? FTTC ?
Are you connecting via wireless or wired ?
Any speedtest and ping results ?
Any patterns of when the issues happen ?
If you're on ADSL, have you tried the modem in the test socket without any extensions or other devices attached ?
Often posting stats from your modem (depending on what service you're on) will help - I'll see if I can find you a link on how to do it.
*Edit - more info here Smiley http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This may help in providing the necessary information http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The diagnostic checks I've just been running didn't indicate any obvious issues (i.e with the line or network) so let us know regarding what picbits and Oldjim  asked as that can help us and the mods/forum regulars understand the issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bitemarx
Dabbler

Adam walker, picbits and oldjim, thank you for the links. Apologies for not noticing the stickies earlier!
I will try and get this information over the weekend and post the same.
Regards