Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unopened email: me stupid or it fishy

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Unopened email: me stupid or it fishy

This morning I received an email: sender Phillips, but I could not recall any contact with that name, nor to my recollection had I made contact with the electronics giant..
The return path
QFF6UUM-GA45-9DOO-K65YSG-95A96-M-M2-20090813-560f9d39c644812a91@philipsglbl.bounce.ed10.net looked OK, but in view of my doubts (or paranoia ;)) I checked the domain info and was not assured. And another search brought up, ‘No whois server known for the given domain', adding to my uncertainty
Am I being stupid by misunderstanding some of the source and search info? But if I am not, how did it manage to slip through?
Source info and domain info are attached
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
8 REPLIES 8
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Unopened email: me stupid or it fishy

Looks genuine to me...
ed10.net are a company that deal in e-Marketing and Philips are a renowned electronics company.
Luzern
Hero

So I am misunderstanding the data in the attachments?! Embarrassed
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
csogilvie
Grafter

More than likely - why are you concerned?
The whois record looks perfectly normal to me, as do the email headers and your concern is not immediately obvious in your first post.
Lurker
Grafter

@Lucerne, you don't have very young children do you? (Thinking less than a year old..?)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I wouldnt answer it or open it, unless you want a load more rubbish, they are after you e-mail and to verify that you do exist
Just had a careful look, it does seem genuine
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: James_G
@Lucerne, you don't have very young children do you? (Thinking less than a year old..?)

In my anno LLXXIII it's not likely ;), but sorry I don't get the question.  Crazy
Lurker
Grafter

Phillips Electronics is not just an electronics company. (Yeah, I know, but hey, *they* chose the name...)
One of their subsidiaries is Philips Avent, who manufacture and distribute lots of products in the 'Mother and Baby' type marketplace.
Its not uncommon for new parents to be given a 'gift pack' or such products at the maternity ward, and I just wondered if there might be that sort of connection. Just looking for something obscure since you mentioned you didn't recall dealing with/contacting/registering with Philips.
Perhaps it might be via another less obviously related sibling or subsidiary company.
Luzern
Hero

Not unless the grandkids' rabbit got out and inseminated some cute little bunny. lmao