cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited from Plusnet. Available to all from Wednesday 19th December ?

godsell4
Rising Star

Re: Unlimited from Plusnet. Available to all from Wednesday 19th December ?

Quote from: Chris
Quote from: jelv
Will the Pro add-on be available on the new accounts?

Yes, it's available as an add-on for £5 per month. Some people may not find it's required though unless you want all traffic in the top 2 queues.

But if this is an Unlimited product, and as Bob has stated, OFCOM are a little tetchy if there is traffic management, a user has no need for the Pro add-on as a user can expect everything to operate at line speed, which is quite amazing. Understood why streaming video and Voip would need prioritisation though.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
SimonZerafa
Dabbler

Hi
For customers who are out of contract; to get the new unlimited plan (non-fibre) at the reduced rate, do we need to contract again for another 12 months?
If not then who qualified for which rate? 🙂
I'm effectively in a Market 1 area as the only LLU supplier on my exchange is CWP TalkTalk which I believe Plusnet do not use.
Kind Regards
Simon

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Will the contracts be set in stone or will it be possible to move up or down between essentials and unlimited?
And similarly up or down between essentials fibre and unlimited fibre?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

it's my job to ensure our tm is compliant with asa/ofcom.  I also believe we are offering management that benefits customers.  I.e. Prioritisation of time sensitive traffic over less sensitive traffic without making customers feel like their downloads are being limited.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

That's what I said.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: SimonZerafa
For customers who are out of contract; to get the new unlimited plan (non-fibre) at the reduced rate, do we need to contract again for another 12 months?
Yes
Without a contract you would be stuck with the non contracted price  - not really a good idea
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Quote from: Oldjim
The situation is that moving to the new package would trigger a new 12 month contract and you would lose your existing discounts

I currently receive a 'Retention Offer' discount since last summer.  I'm on a monthly contract.  I understood the discount is only for 1 year.
If I wanted to move to the new Unlimited 12 month contract, or non-contract product, would I have to repay the discount I have already received ?
ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Why is Fibre broadband standalone is 18 months contract not 12 months ?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Un
As an afterthought,
Everything is quoted as excellent maximum download speeds - but what is the maximum likely upload speed available on fibre?

20Mbps on the Unlimited package. Throughput-wise that will probably max out around the ~19Mbps mark.

Yes. The non-contract option is also available although the monthly subscription will be £2.50 more.
I'm effectively in a Market 1 area as the only LLU supplier on my exchange is CWP TalkTalk which I believe Plusnet do not use.

No we don't.
Quote from: billnotben
Will the contracts be set in stone or will it be possible to move up or down between essentials and unlimited?
And similarly up or down between essentials fibre and unlimited fibre?

As I understand it you'll be able to move between them and preserve any contract you currently have.
Quote from: zzZzz
Quote from: Oldjim
The situation is that moving to the new package would trigger a new 12 month contract and you would lose your existing discounts

I currently receive a 'Retention Offer' discount since last summer.  I'm on a monthly contract.  I understood the discount is only for 1 year.
If I wanted to move to the new Unlimited 12 month contract, or non-contract product, would I have to repay the discount I have already received ?

You wouldn't have to repay anything but you'd lose the discount.
Quote from: goldenadsl
Why is Fibre broadband standalone is 18 months contract not 12 months ?

That's a business decision. We're contracted at 12 months with the Wholesaler I believe. I think BT Retail's fibre offerings are 18 months too. The current Plusnet fibre products are the same.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Timalay
Grafter

I signed up to the Fibre Extra package (broadband only) last month at 250GB usage.  Set up is scheduled on the 31st December.  Will the 250gb be my usage for the 18 months, or will I be moved onto this unlimited usage (My usage resets on the 28th of each month)?  
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Bob
There are no rate limits. I've been testing the new profile for a while now and aside from congestion outside of our network everything ran at line speed.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "line speed".  There have always been throttles called "profiles" applied and a persistent problem where the "profile" applied by Plusnet fails to keep up with the BT one.  So is the Plusnet Profile abolished for the unlimited package or does it now manage to keep pace with the BT one or should it be "there are no rate limits except where Plusnet cannot keep up with events"? 
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Rate limits were where we limited the speed of a particular traffic type to a max throughput.  I.e. when we limited P2P to 2Mb at certain times of day.
Line profiles are different, these are where we set a speed for each individual customer based on what BT have told us their line can support.  We need these to make traffic prioritisation decisions.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
offbeatdave
Grafter

Sorry for again asking what may have been answered throughout thread:
I'm on ADSL2+ and have recently (as of 29th Nov) moved from Plusnet Extra with 60Gb at £17.99 to Plusnet Premium with included 120GB bandwidth at £19.99 a month.
Will the unlimited option be available to me and if so how much would it be per month?
If I request to change via Customer Support on the 19th, would I switch at the next billing point (29th December)
As I say, sorry if the answers are inferred or are blindingly obvious elsewhere.  Embarrassed
dai
Grafter

Quote from: Timalay
I signed up to the Fibre Extra package (broadband only) last month at 250GB usage.  Set up is scheduled on the 31st December.  Will the 250gb be my usage for the 18 months, or will I be moved onto this unlimited usage (My usage resets on the 28th of each month)?  

Im in the same boat.  My Fibre upgrade takes place on the 27th Dec.  Plusnet obviously knew that this change was going to take place from the 19th, so why cant this change to unlimited be automatically  applied to people whos "New" accounts take place after the 19th.  I dont want to ring up and change my account before my fibre installation takes place, because knowing my luck it will mess with the original order and I will end up with no fibre on the 27th!
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Quote from: goldenadsl
So are plusnet unlimited is TOTAL TRUELY UNLIMITED ?

Yes, as Bob Pullen said:
Quote from: Bob
There's no FUP...