cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited from Plusnet. Available to all from Wednesday 19th December ?

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Unlimited from Plusnet. Available to all from Wednesday 19th December ?

Quote from: Anotherone
Nothing real to offer those stuck on 20CN Market 1 exchanges with no prospect of anything better in the foreseeable future unless we're prepared to pay £7 p.m more than everyone else  Sad

...I'm in the same position, Sky have put their equipment in my little 20CN exchange -still classified as Market 1 - their offering will save me ~ £4 pm on current prices for unlimited b/width  WITHOUT any bungs I may be able to extract from them ;D........really don't want to leave Plusnet -but unless OFCOM get their finger out fairly soon so I can take advantage of the pricing differentials...............?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

What time is the website will be downtime tonight for new unlimited to be updated ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We'll be posting the service status shortly, it's probably going to be down from around 9pm.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: davidj60
... Sky have put their equipment in my little 20CN exchange -still classified as Market 1 - their offering will save me ~ £4 pm on current prices for unlimited b/width  WITHOUT any bungs I may be able to extract from them ;D........really don't want to leave Plusnet -but unless OFCOM get their finger out fairly soon ....

OfCom is currently undertaking a consultation, to be followed by a review.  As I remember from skimming the consultation document, this review could also redefine the market classifications.  Not just regrade exchanges.
1.35 Stakeholders have until 20 December 2012 to respond to this Call for Inputs and provide their qualitative views on the matters set out in this paper. In addition, we will be issuing over the coming weeks information requests under Section 135 of the Act to collect the data that will underpin our analysis in the Review.
1.36 Our goal is then to publish a full consultation with our policy proposals in May 2013, with a final statement currently scheduled for March 2014.

The Call for Inputs document that comes from.
BRABUS
Grafter

You should have been asking when will the site be back up for people to put their requests in.
Also how many requests per day can your system handle and how many do you think you will get.
BRABUS
Grafter

I just followed an earlier link to here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5630-plusnet-in-push-to-join-the-six-providers.html and noticed that it reads as only upto 16mbs for NON fibre.  Should that be upto 20mbs ?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I hope the new site is up and running tonight after midnight, so I will placed an order straight away
Chris
Legend

It's going to be offline from around 9pm until around 6/7am.

[quote=BRABUS]noticed that it reads as only upto 16mbs for NON fibre.  Should that be upto 20mbs ?
Although the service can be faster, you're only allowed to advertise speeds that a certain %age of the userbase can achieve. Similarly on Fibre we advertise at up to 38Mb and up to 76Mb.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Why is Market 2 & 3 are the same price ? As Market 1 cost more expensive £7 extra but Market 2 & 3 are the same price but surely Market 3 should be cheaper than Market 2 ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because Plusnet decided to do it
Paulgarb
Dabbler

I have read all of this thread - no really! Even I was getting fed up of the same questions cropping up over and over plus I think I fell asleep a bit during the "definition of unlimited" debate.
I don't think anyone should be in any doubt - this is an exceptional offer - unlimited to me means what is intended by PN - no data limits and that is exactly what I want. The price is more than fair and no-one should forget that, for ADSL customers, the customer service beats every other ISP into a cocked hat.
I will be among the, doubtless, many that will be getting online tomorrow to order the new package - bill date is the beginning of next month/year so 2013 will start with a smile.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I just found other isp's (cannot named it due to forum rules) that offered unlimited ADSL2+ for just £6.99 a month with No FUP compare to Plusnet £9.99 - decision, decision time for me to thinking about!
Re-EDIT: I just now saw on T&C's as it say unlimited but no excess of more than 100GB per month. So, Plusnet Unlimited is the cheapest out there at the moment with No FUP at all.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Remember, Plusnet won't be beat(en) on price.
Chris
Legend

That only applied on Value, I don't think it's continue on Essentials and certainly not on Unlimited (it was never applicable to the Extra product either).
adie:quote
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Oh, well that was a bit of a waste of an expensive advertising campaign, wasn't it?