Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited from Plusnet - A load of off topic posts

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Unlimited from Plusnet - A load of off topic posts

I will not changing mine as mine is Plusnet Premium 120GB per month is more than enough of my household need, My PC, Ipad, Mobile, Sky Go, other PC and my monthly average download per month is no where near 120GB anyway. But I am paying less than the new unlimited one and don't want 12 months contract tied.
Not for me thought.
What is really worrying me, is the highest quality of service and highest speed could be a problem (heavy congestion on the plusnet network) if many plusnet customers switch over to unlimited and start thrashing out heavy bandwidth by downloading all day. Scary at the moment but I do hope plusnet will put a sensible traffic management for unlimited to ensure no ones abused heavy usages.
82 REPLIES 82
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Unlimited from Plusnet - A load of off topic posts

There's always a catch.
What's the reason why I shouldn't change?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Simple - you are paranoid and assume they are out to get you  Grin
VileReynard
Hero

Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.  Cheesy

VileReynard
Hero

That answer was unexpected.
No traffic management!
LOL  (As our glorious leader would say). Grin

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I am sure both Ofcom and ASA will be keeping an eyes on Plusnet wording "UNLIMITED" because Sky, Virgin Media, BT, or TalkTalk might be complaints about Plusnet's T&C, FUP or AUP with traffic management. Only time will tell.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

It better wait until Wednesday to see what the real new traffic management here before we can sign up UNLIMITED one. Sound very promise but there must be a real catch there ?
VileReynard
Hero

Why the reason for the change?
I believe that previously Plusnet guaranteed to equal any comparable offering from a competitor.
As a BT shareholder  Grin  I'd like to know why you are giving money to the plebs.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
(and less for me).

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I do remember a long while back, plusnet used to have unlimited before they withdrawal it. I hope they won't do it again, will they ?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

So are plusnet unlimited is TOTAL TRUELY UNLIMITED ? Honest please, so I can watch skygo  and downloading sky on demands every days not to worry about usage allowance
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I think the Unlimited should including Pro Add On for free or otherwise it pointless to have Unlimited with disable the prioritisation by paying an extra £5/mnth for the Pro bolt-on for heavy gamers online.
Estragon
Rising Star

Yes Max.  It would be a good idea as well if OfCom made them design a new transmission protocol so there were no losses due to ATM and TCP/IP overheads. The clever boffins shouldn't have any problem doing that these days.
Then we'd all get the speed we connect at.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm giving up again !
Unsubscribed until Thursday !!!
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Plusnet Unlimited for ADSL/ADSL2+/FTTC is a step forward ahead and sound very promise but what happen if there is 80% customers average of 150GB usage allowance per month while the rest of bad boys 20% did over 2TB a month - will Plusnet give out a warning letter to bad boys to cut down usage allowance or will be suspension ?
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
Yes Max.  It would be a good idea as well if OfCom made them design a new transmission protocol so there were no losses due to ATM and TCP/IP overheads. The clever boffins shouldn't have any problem doing that these days.
Then we'd all get the speed we connect at.

LOL.
I'll save you the degree-level course in communication protocols, but rest assured that there are good reasons for layering protocols, and having all those overheads - not least for making sure that your download arrives at *your* router and no-one else's. Those overheads aren't going to go away.
What Ofcom needs to keep a lid on is the *marketers* making claims based on technology that almost no-one, other than those clever boffins, understands. It is the *lack* of knowledge of the marketers that is the problem here.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.