cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Not Available | Needing to Cancel.

earlysound
Dabbler

Unlimited Not Available | Needing to Cancel.

Hello Everyone,
I currently have two separate accounts with Plusnet both of which I am responsible for paying for. The first account is for my home address, and that account is Talmondtree.
The second account is for a student household, and that account is Blackconverse. The reason I am looking to cancel both of these accounts is that the account Talmondtree
is currently on Plusnet unlimited which is absolutely fantastic, and the second account Blackconverse is currently restricted to 60GB of bandwidth. Plusnet is no longer offering
unlimited broadband to customers, and it is for this reason that I feel the need to cancel both accounts, and switch providers to be able to receive unlimited broadband for
both households. Would it be possible for Plusnet to be able to help me in anyway at all? 60GB of bandwith is just not sufficient, and I have been a long time customer,
and I feel sad that I have no other choice but to cancel both accounts.
39 REPLIES 39
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Unlimited Not Available | Needing to Cancel.

You will be better off ringing the Customer Options Team (Cancellations) on 0800 432 0200.
They're open Mon-Fri 9:00 to 17:30.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

sjrinfroyle
Grafter

You can still get Plusnet Unlimited through the customer options team: I did and I joined Plusnet much after Plusnet Unlimited stopped being "offered".
Call the number above and explain the situation, they will be able to sort you out with Plusnet Unlimited.
I hope that helps.
earlysound
Dabbler

You're correct. Plusnet was still offering unlimited when I first signed up with Plusnet as Talmondtree, and for some reason after a couple of years I switched to a different product.
In April 2011 I rang up, and was offered the unlimited service, and this was absolutely fantastic. Just hoping, and praying that Plusnet will switch my second account Blackconverse to unlimited.
Otherwise I am going to have to switch services entirely, and seek out a new internet service provider for both accounts. Just hope they value me as a customer.
dick:quote
earlysound
Dabbler

60GB is just plain and simple not enough bandwith.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

You are not Reading between the lines of what you have been told here, call them and ask for Customer Options Team and explain it to them and guess which package Might be offered
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Bullet
Grafter

Would you care to describe what you are downloading such that a 60GB per month peak times allowance is insufficient ?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...and that couldn't be scheduled for a midnight to 8 am download when it's free.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rodtrotter
Grafter

He already said it is a student household and really it's he,s business what they download and when I have three kids at home and I find it hard to sick to 60gb when you think about it 60gb is just not enough these days what with I player you tube and Netflix
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well if the second account is a student rental, at a seperate address, surely he needs a business account!
Wouldn't that solve his problem?  Undecided
martynsingleton
Grafter

I fully agree 60gb is not enough, i stream plenty and went well over 60gb, ive upped it to 120gb now, and even that i feel i have to tread carefully with.. shame they dont offer unlimited as BT do, considering they are under the same umbrella  Shocked
blackconverse

Quote from: Bullet
Would you care to describe what you are downloading such that a 60GB per month peak times allowance is insufficient ?

Firstly no I would not care to explain what I am downloading, and secondly that is between me, and Plusnet. There are laws against invading customers privacy.
60GB is not sufficient bandwidth as I have managed to use at least half of the bandwidth in less than a week.
blackconverse

Quote from: Strat
...and that couldn't be scheduled for a midnight to 8 am download when it's free.

Plain and simple.... no. I personally do not wish to leave my computer on 24/7 nor should I be expected to stay awake between these hours.
I am a student, and not nocturnal.
blackconverse

Quote from: rodtrotter
He already said it is a student household and really it's he,s business what they download and when I have three kids at home and I find it hard to sick to 60gb when you think about it 60gb is just not enough these days what with I player you tube and Netflix

You're correct and wrong. I am a student, and it could be expected that I am sharing the internet amongst housemates, and to put it simply I am not this is for my own personal use, and they connect
to a separate broadband provider who have been inconsistent with uptime and reliability, and I can not take those risks during my final years of study. I also use Netlfix, and Youtube and other services.
blackconverse

Quote from: Stumpy21
Well if the second account is a student rental, at a seperate address, surely he needs a business account!
Wouldn't that solve his problem?  Undecided

Nope. I am a student, and not operating a business. Residential broadband is perfectly fine for me. I also do not own the household, and rent it from my landlord.
I also share the property with other students, and I do not wish to share a broadband connection with them so I had permission from my landlord to install a second landline for Plusnet Broadband.
The other students use Virgin Media Broadband to connect to the internet, and this is why we have two separate landlines installed in the same property.