cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre

birkenshaw

Unlimited Fibre

Right, question time.
I had my fibre installed today by openreach engineer, all went well no problems at all except.......
The engineer did a check on the speed from the green cabinet, and was getting 80 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload, however when checking on wired PC using speedtest.net  the readings were 6.62 Mbps download and 17.43 Mbps upload. It looks like the upload has improved (used to be 0.38Mbps)
So what has gone wrong?
Does it take time to settle, the engineer did not have an answer, he then checked the speed to the modem and that was also showing 80Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload, so it seems like the fault is after the modem.
I also tried on my tablet (wifi) and Laptop (wifi) and getting the same speed results.
Anyone any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Unlimited Fibre

Your Plusnet account hasn't quite caught up with the change to Fibre. Your Plus net line speed is still set to the value it was on ADSL.
You could either try giving CSC a call or wait until tomorrow when I'm sure one of the DC team will sort it out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

birkenshaw

Thanks for that, I can work out the Customer Service Centre but what is DC?
NedLudd
Grafter

Digital Care team!
Geoff,
York.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

but what is DC

Yes, sorry about the acronym, I assumed that since you weren't entirley new to the forums that you would know. The DC team is a group of PlusNet staff, of which one of their responsibilities is to monitor these forums. Whilst this forum is not an official support channel the team do help whenever they can. Be aware though, that they only work Mon-Fri 9-5 whereas the CSC is 24/7. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi birkenshaw,
I've checked your profile and that has now matched itself to your sync speed last night.
Is there an improvement for you?Huh