cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Packages Questions

Pazz
Grafter

Unlimited Fibre Packages Questions

After being notified that the price of the old Fibre Extra (250GB allowance) package is going up to £21.49 per month I'm considering converting to the newer unlimited £22.49 package or one of the telephone incorporated deals.
My question is, are there any disadvantages to moving to the newer packages? I'm particularly concerned about traffic management, throttling and other rate limit changes as a good friend of mine has recently converted his BT BB deal to an unlimited package which has seen his download speeds on some ports/applications heavily capped.
Also would the "Pro" add-on still provide the same benefits? I don't believe I have the add-on currently.
I'm not entirely sure what package I'm on presently given that I was part of the FTTC trial and my package was automatically changed on release of the official deals.
9 REPLIES 9
Pazz
Grafter

Re: Unlimited Fibre Packages Questions

Also to add, I've read and fully aware of the content of http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml.
I'm just a bit lost as to where my current package fits in to all this and how it would be effected by a switch.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This explains it if you put your product and the new one in http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php
The only difference I can see is that for P2P, Usenet and FTP there is a 2Mb rate limit on your existing product at peak times and not on the latest one
However you can get a bit more information by comparing http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet-extra-archive.shtml ; which is your product and the current product http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml
Pazz
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim, very useful tool on the Usergroup page.
I think the cynic in me said that it was too good to be true to move to an Unlimited package and not be penalised somewhere.
Appears I won't so think I will move the whole package over to PN (telephone included).
Pazz
Grafter

Can you guys change my product or am I best calling/using online system?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

better to use the automated product change route
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Your best option would be to phone the Customer Options Team (Cancellations) on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197 Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm  and negotiate a deal with them if you  Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Look at how much new users are paying before you make that call!
Edit: To get a good deal they will want you to move your phone contract to them if it is not already.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pazz
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
better to use the automated product change route

The automated online system is pretty limited, seems to be no option to add on phone features such as caller recognition.
Quote from: jelv
Look at how much new users are paying before you make that call!
Edit: To get a good deal they will want you to move your phone contract to them if it is not already.

Ah yes! I'm hoping to get the same deal (if not better) than the new customer offers available presently. Especially seeing as I've been with PN for 5+ years. Fingers crossed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

As far as I remember you can only add those after the phone has been transferred - although at my age my memory isn't what it was  Embarrassed
But ringing the Customer Options Team is certainly the best option