Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Data?

bomster
Grafter

Unlimited Data?

Hi there,
I have been on 60GB a month for a while now, and overall I have been over the moon with the broadband; great speeds at all times, great reliability and great customer service in my times of need. It's all been rosy apart from one thing, 60GB data is not enough.
I am probably what you would consider a power user, and 60GB is just not cutting the mustard, I find myself constantly having to remind myself of that data cap and therefore ultimately stop doing what I wanted with the internet.
I was just wondering if there was any possibility of an unlimited (or at least much larger) data cap available, because I am not prepared to pay £5 for 5GB.
Thanks,
Tom
49 REPLIES 49
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Unlimited Data?

Can you not move some of that data requirements to the free overnight period (midnight-8am)? Or is that just not feasible for you?
That's RPM to you!!
bomster
Grafter

I do move as much as possible to overnight, but there are still lots of things I would like to do during the day and evening that I'm having to compromise on because of because of the tiny data cap.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: bomster
I was just wondering if there was any possibility of an unlimited

There is take a look at this thread here about getting unlimited broadband Smiley
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104191.0.html
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bomster
Grafter

Cheers Mike, that looks like a great offer, but I could really do without all the hassle of having to change ISP.
Or do you think it would be easy because they are supplied by PN?
I just wish PN offered a truly unlimited package :(.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Its a full PN package just re branded as John Lewis.
So in essence this is a truly ul package offered by PN re sold as JL
Support, billing etc would remain the same as it is now.
I would assume PN could change people over to this in 24hr or so if you have your line and bb with them.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

anniesboy
Rising Star

My guess is that something very similar will be offered by Plusnet.  I was with J Lewis previously and moved to Plusnet as it was cheaper .
After all the J Lewis package is Plusnet managed.
I would wait a while and see what is offered.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there are rumours of a re-jig at the end of this month
bomster
Grafter

Think I'll wait this month out then and see what PN has to offer in a potential "re-jig", if nothing then I will make the move over to John Lewis.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

I imagine there will have been some serious thinking being done at Plusnet Towers, because in some respects they must be between a rock and a hard place - on the one hand they are BT's "cheap broadband for the masses" niche-filler, but on the other they will be all too aware how higher speeds have led to rapidly increasing bandwidth usage, which is still expensive to provide.
Will be interesting to see how they tackle the dilemma!  Undecided
tomxlisa
Grafter

So do you think plusnet will also offer a unlimited service, because if john lewis which has something to do with plusnet is offering unlimited then surely plusnet will have to start this too, i am in the process of moving to plusnet from sky which is a unlimited service but i am tired of sky's rubbish technical support, so i am giving that up to get good technical support, but if john lewis has the same technical support that plusnet offer but with the unlimited option, then that might make me think twice about who i move to, or should i just let the plusnet product go through and then see what happens with the plusnet products, but saying that by then i would be stuck with the 12 months contract.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: tomxlisa
So do you think plusnet will also offer a unlimited service,

They are, but at the moment only through the JL name

stevew10000
Grafter

i came to plus net  on an unlimited service. Previous ISP had a 50GB a month limit, Plus net offered ne unlimited.
BUT, plus net then throttled my download speed from 7Mbs to 300kbs, still charge me the same and refuse to change it.
BT are offering unlimited download with a guaranteed speed, for me, of 7Mbs. I shall be moving.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

on the JL unlimited package everything come down at line speed 24/7 in theory Smiley ,

tomxlisa
Grafter

Is plusnet ever gonna be the same as john lewis, is there anything on the internet to say they are gonna be?.