cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unimpressed

jbagley

Unimpressed

Having tried to sort my issue out on the phone three times in the past two weeks, I'm hoping to have more luck on here.

I moved house two weeks ago and was told by a plusnet customer services rep that it would cost me approximately £140 to switch my services to my new property. My only option therefore was to start a new 24 month contract in order to have that fee waived. Fair enough.

Having moved on the 29th July I was told that an engineer would have to come to my house on the 9th August (10 days later) to connect a new line. I waited in on the morning of the 9th August until 12:30, and no one showed up. I called plusnet and they advised me that I didn't need to be in as it had been done remotely. A morning wasted and still no phone/internet for 10 days.

At the time of this second phone call I was told I could now plug in the router and phone and I was ready to go. No such luck. No dial tone, no broadband connection.

I phoned again today and was on the phone for another 35 minutes to two different people. The first was very helpful and apologetic, the second not so much. The second person I spoke to eventfully found that there was a fault on the line (which presumably was there when the engineer came on the 9th????) and that I now have to wait until Monday 15th August for open reach to tell them when this might be fixed.

So, three phone calls (from my mobile - £££), two weeks, direct debits still being taken out, and no progress. Plusnet - please sort this.
9 REPLIES 9
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Unimpressed

Hi James,

I'm just taking a look at this for you, I'll update the thread shortly.

Firstly, this post has made for poor reading. It's more the communication that's made the experience worse. Apologies for this.

When we placed the order for you, we were initially given an installation date of last Tuesday by Openreach. This was eventually deferred by them - something that we should have advised.

From the 9th, you should have been able to get online so the fact that a fault has been identified is frustrating. Openreach have advised that the fault should be resolved by Monday, however if anything changes we'll let you know. Once resolved, I'll ensure that you're refunded for the downtime.

Side note: Which number did you call? 0800 numbers are free on mobiles now.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jbagley

Thanks Matty, look forward to hearing from you
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

^^ Just updated my comment.

jvmochnacz

I built a new house and required a broadband/internet/landline service. Plus net took 5 torturous months and then I had to go to my MP (twice) to get anything done. I suggest you try your MP as a back up. 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

He can do, though I have a feeling that this'll be an issue requiring an extremely shorter timescale.

jbagley

Thanks for your prompt reply and resolution, Matty. It's definitely helped to have things explained and hopefully we will be up and running on Monday. Thanks again.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll be in around on Monday so feel free to update this thread.

jbagley

Hi Matty,
Quick update for you; an open reach engineer arrived at my house on Friday, located a fault and fixed it, and we have been up and running as of Friday lunchtime.

Thanks again for your help in resolving this matter 😃
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi jbagley,

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know, I will pass this on to Matty to let him know and if you need any further assistance then please don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.