cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified Network

valart
Grafter

Unidentified Network

When I switched my laptop on I noticed on my wifi logo there was a exclamation mark when I clicked on it there was PL and also a bench seat saying unidentified network I lost my connection as well,I turned my router off and waited and when I switched it back on it was fine.I have had trouble in the past because I could not get a wireless connection to my ipod touch I just wondered if there was a problem with the router which is only two months old.
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Unidentified Network

Hi,
I can't imagine it's the router that's caused this. It happened to me only a few nights ago with a Netgear router but has worked fine since a reboot. If it happens on a more frequent basis, I'd advise ensuring that all your Network Drivers are up to date.
Smiley
valart
Grafter

Hi thanks for your reply when you mean check your Network Drivers to see if they are up to date I have looked in Microsoft Virtual WiFi miniport adaptor properties and it says that it is working properly.No problem in the last couple of hours after the reboot maybe not to fix it if it's fixed.
NedLudd
Grafter

Sounds like your laptop was trying to log on to a neighbouring network?
Geoff,
York.