cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected e-mails this morning

HughA
Grafter

Unexpected e-mails this morning

Yesterday I was switched to Unlimited from Value as I had requested and that seems to have happened without problem.

This morning I received 2 unexpected e-mails from PlusNet.
The first said that interleaving was being turned off at my request.  I didn't make such a request!
The second said that I was now running on an "up to 20 Mbps service". Well I'm not.  I'm on ADSL1 on a 21CN exchange which seems right for my 60dB attenuation line running at about 3Mbps.
So is this a result of the switch to Unlimited or a consequence of my recently closed ticket resolving a line fault? Whatever the reason I assume that when it all takes effect I will go through a period of instability followed by a switch back to ADSL1 with interleaving on.
Were the changes part of an automated system or is someone at PlusNet trying to see if my line will go faster? Has anyone else switching from Value to Unlimited receive similar e-mails?
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Unexpected e-mails this morning

These are as a result of automated scripts.
Maybe a DC member will pop in and explain further.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I got exactly the same - ignore it.
For some reason when changing to Unlimited 12 months contract you get emails as though you are a new customer - nothing actually changes
HughA
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi HughA,
We currently have a open problem(73795) regarding the interleaving one, it nothing to worry about and if it needed turning back on it's something we can easily do, here is more information on <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/broadband_terminology.shtml#interleaving">interleaving</a>.
You're also still on ADSL1 on 21CN.