cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Text Message "Broadband Order Successfully completed" - BT Ref No and Circuit Num changed

MarcusJClifford
Grafter

Unexpected Text Message "Broadband Order Successfully completed" - BT Ref No and Circuit Num changed

I just had an unexpected text message from Plusnet telling me my "Broadband Order Successfully completed".

I am not expecting anything, and have been with Plusnet for many years. No faults or any contact for the past 6 months or so.

I then checked the "Help Assistant" online, as that seems to be where most things are held and I found:

Script User - Automated Script Pool
2:57pm, Thursday 15 Sep 2016

Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
BT Reference Number changed from BBEU1022xxxx to BBEU2340xxxx. BT Circuit Number changed from BBEU1022xxxxx to BBEU2340xxxx

Is this anything to be concerned about? What is this?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Skippy70
Dabbler

Re: Unexpected Text Message "Broadband Order Successfully completed" - BT Ref No and Circu

I have had the same text from Plusnet, no BT ref No on mine tho anyone shed any light on this as I haven't ordered anything either

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Unexpected Text Message "Broadband Order Successfully completed" - BT Ref No and Circu

@MarcusJClifford @Skippy70

That message means that Plusnet have moved you onto their new network. This is happening to all customers over an unknown time period and an unknown schedule. Those messages are not supposed to be generated but sometimes are.

The new network  is required because Plusnet have grown too big to use the existing network from the phone exchanges back to their data centers (as this is a shared system for small ISPs)

Is there anything to worry about? Well I would keep an eye on performance as the switches have been known to cause issues. But hopeful your swap will be painless.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT