cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncap upload speed

davidbackhouse

Uncap upload speed

Is it possible to get upload speed increased by removing the cap on my line?

8. Data rate: 888 / 14336
9. Maximum data rate: 888 / 19124
4 REPLIES 4
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Uncap upload speed

Hi @davidbackhouse,

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@davidbackhouse 

888k is the maximum upload sync when interleaving is on

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidbackhouse

OK, but if 888k is the maximum speed with interleaving on (which it is) then what did Plusnet do yesterday?

"

Hi there David, I've tested your line and can see that you're staying connected to the internet. However there are some automatic settings on your line which are limiting the speed you're able to get on the line. 

I've arranged for the line to be reset to try and fix this. The reset normally takes 4 hours to complete. After 4 hours your router will need to be powered off for 10 seconds and then turned back on. When it reconnects we'd expect the speed to be normal again, but it can take 24 hours before everything fully updates."

What automatic settings are these which are being referred to?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

A line reset will reset the DLM to the default which will turn interleaving off. However, if the DLM has previously decided that interleaving was necessary to reduce errors then it will very likely turn it back on again after a while.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.