cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncap Upstream again Please

philstoke
Dabbler

Uncap Upstream again Please

I had my upstream uncapped quite a while ago from about 0.30 - 0.40 mb/s to 1mb/s, now after having quite a few outages last week it has dropped to the lower speeds again. I have tried rebooting the router but it doesnt make any difference, my download speed of about 10mb/s has not changed

Could someone re-uncap it again please

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Uncap Upstream again Please

Hi Phil, 

I've taken a look at your asset with BT Wholesale and details our side, the upstream is uncapped for both

philstoke
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick reply

Thats odd, strange that the download speed hasn't changed but uploads have, somewhere I have another router, I willl have to dig it out and see if its the router that is the problem

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Yeah that might be a good call to try another router. Before you do that I'd have a quick look through these checks from this link as they can help as well http://goo.gl/BZE3NM

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Having had a quick look at your line, I've noticed a number of potential restarts within the last 24 hours - this could either be yourself trying to restart the router to see if the upload speeds return back to normal, or if it isn't caused by you, could point at a potentially more serious problem.

Your line generally looks to be a little intermittent, with speeds changing quite a lot. I'm wondering if there's anything you think that might have caused that? Do you switch your router off at all?

philstoke
Dabbler

Hi we did 2 or 3 restarts, but not in the last 24 hours, we have been uploading a lot over the last week, thats how we realised it was slow

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Did you manage to try a different router?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Can we see some stats please - see above.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

philstoke
Dabbler

Not yet, I am very busy at the moment, I will try it in 2 or 3 days time and put a message on here with the results

Thanks

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

As you please - it does not take more than a few minutes and it is the quickest way of seeing just how much room there is for improvement.  When you are able to post that information will determine how soon that advice can be offered form the community.  PlusNet staff are very stretched at present - therefore there is more chance of obtaining an assessment of potential from a community member than a PN staff member.

philstoke
Dabbler

I had a few minutes spare this afternoon, so I thought I would try the easiest thing first and change the Filter and that seems to have been the problem,  it is back to the corrects speeds now, it was very odd that downloads were ok and it just affected the upload speed.

Thanks very much for all the help and advice, much appreciated

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear a new filter seems to have fixed the problems you were experiencing. Thanks for letting us know Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

It good to hear that you have a resolution which you are content with.  If the problem comes back, please return to this topic and add your router stats please and someone will promptly advise.  On that occasion you might get a response from a Plusnet staff member before the community can get their sticky fingers on it! Wink Cool

Did you know that if you felt that any particular post has helped you, you can indicate that by clicking the thumbs-up button just below the post.

Hope you remain issue free!