Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncap Upstream Please?

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Uncap Upstream Please?

Hi, Could someone uncap my upstream please?
When I 1st joined someone did this for me and got my upstream upto 1Mb for me but after Support reset my line this afternoon I'm back down to .33 again. Support weren't able to do this for me and suggested I ask again here.

Many thanks.
44 REPLIES 44
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Uncap Upstream Please?

Hi,
I can confirm you are currently on 448k upload. Someone has placed an order for you after the SNR reset which I can only imagine is the uncapping of your upload speeds. If you still have 448k on Monday, please re-post here and we'll get it sorted for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Hi, I still appear to be on capped upload this morning. Please could you raise an order to uncap me as promised above? Many thanks.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Thanks for letting me know. The order is complete, and your upload has actually changed, though it's gone down by a few k. Some further investigation on this is needed so I've raised a ticket on your account to try to find out why. The stats suggest your line will support faster so this shouldn't be a problem.
I'll update when I get more news.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Has ONE full reboot of the router been tried?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
southerner
Aspiring Pro

I just did a reboot and the figures look about the same. I did notice the download connection speed had dropped slightly from what it was before Friday's reset too. Not sure if this has anything to do with the SNR reset that was done? I recall the guy on the phone saying something about my SNR was so low it would indicate I was working in my local exchange or on an extremely short phoneline or something indicating a problem at the exchange.
ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 00:01:31
Downstream: 19.88 Mbps
Upstream: 445.7 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type: Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.2 dB / 31.9 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 11.2 dB / 7.9 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 19.4 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 1
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 7
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The uncapping order hasn't worked - your upload is still capped.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Yep. I beleive Tony has raised me a ticket to find out why it didn't work as from his end it says my line should support it.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

More to the point, if the attenuation reported by the router is accurate, why is this line not delivering a full 24Mbps?
Is there any noise on the line?  Dial 17070 option 2.
Is the router in the master socket?  If not, please plug in there (better still if it's a NTE5 with a removable lower plate, plug into the test socket) and post the stats here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

southerner
Aspiring Pro

The line sounds perfectly clear doing the Quiet Line test.
Not really sure what the Mastersocket is I'm afraid. I live in shared accomodation and there are 2 phonelines coming into the house each with their own socket and phone number and my router's plugged into my socket.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Are there any extensions running from your socket?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

southerner
Aspiring Pro

Yes, I have about a 3M extension cable. I can have a move around later on and post back the router stats with it directly plugged into the socket (via the ADSL filter) ?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

...there are 2 phonelines coming into the house each with their own socket and phone number and my router's plugged into my socket.

I read that to mean that your router is plugged directly into the master socket, either with a filter or into an ADSL faceplate socket.
Quote from: woodm
Yes, I have about a 3M extension cable.

Do I now conclude correctly that you are wired as follows...
[ master socket ] - < phone extension wire > - [ filter ] - < router I/f cable > - [ router ]
                                                                                    \- [ phone ]
And that the master socket does not have a filtered faceplate?
What kind of wire is the phone extension?  The flat cables can be a real killer for BB service.  If you need your router placed some distance from the master socket, you could consider a longer interface wire as described here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133275.msg1165512.html#msg1165512

Stats with the router plugged directly into the master phone socket using a filter would be excellent when your are able.
Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jelv,
Well that is really hard to say. I did send an email to day with an attachment then 'appeared' to be sent quicker than before. But I'd need to do some real testing to give a correct answer.
Update - I'll do some proper tests tomorrow and post the results.
southerner
Aspiring Pro

@ Townman
Sorry for confusion. You are quite correct in that my setup was [ master socket ] - < phone extension wire > - [ filter ] - < router I/f cable > - [ router ] I've temporarily reconfigured to [ master socket ] - [filter] - [router I/F cable] - [router] and include the router stats I get from that config below.
The mastersocket doesn't have a filtered faceplate to the best of my knowledge - It's one of these http://www.thinkbroadband.com/images/faq/iplate/dual-bt-socket.jpg (http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/sections/install.html)
The extension cable was the flat kind. Thanks for the suggestion for an alternative I'll look into that.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 00:14:41
Downstream: 19.72 Mbps
Upstream: 445.7 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type: Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.0 dB / 31.3 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 11.1 dB / 7.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 19.9 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 0 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Noticed my downstream IP profile has dropped and my BTSpeedtest download speed has dropped. Possibly DLM has kicked in due to my reboots/reconnects?
Download speedachieved during the test was - 16.85 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 17.88 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.36Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps