cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable speeds

culcreuch

Unacceptable speeds

Really since the BT system upgrades a little while back I have been getting unacceptable download speeds. When I changed from Bt to Plusnet a few months ago ...after a settling in period, I was obtaining around 6Mbps. Since the system upgrades I am getting this type of result....and this is one of the better ones  Sad It has reached the stage where Netflix and Amazon are unusable

.Results Image not loaded
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 1.29 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

This is a BT speed test.
I would appreciate someone to look into this.
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Unacceptable speeds

Our tests are showing there's a potential capacity issue in your area.
If you raise it using the link below our Faults team will investigate.
https://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
culcreuch

Thanks for that. The fault has been reported
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks.
It's gone through to our Faults team and we'll update you as soon as we know more.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
culcreuch

When I came home from work yesterday I was delighted to see that my speed was back up to normal speed....however when I got up mid afternoon......it had dropped to 0.8 Mbs.  Bit the bullet and ordered a new ADSL modem/router. Arrived today and so far I am running pretty close to the maximum promised.
I think it is sorted!
Thanks