Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable service

javixeneize
Dabbler

Unacceptable service

Hi
I have plus.net since 2 years and a half ago. Everything is perfect and i really love this company.
I had 40mps fibre and worked fantastic. I received an offer to switch to 66 mbps and i took it
My speed is pretty much the same (37 mbps) as i had with 40 mbps so i raised an incident to check if the line was updated. I ran the speedtest and provided results
The company has seen that there is something wrong so they have called me to tell me that an engineer will come to my house
My surprise now is that i have received a text confirming the appointment but adding that if they find that the problem is not in the line, they will charge me £60!!!
The agent of course didnt mention that in the previous call
How in the hell will i know if there is a problem in the line or if the problem is internal in my house???
I dont know about computers so i have decided to cancel the appointment. I dont want to be charged £60!
I consider this totally unacceptable. I really didnt expect this from this company...
8 REPLIES 8
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Unacceptable service

With FTTC it's most unlikely that the problem will be found to be 'with your equipment' (unless all your speedtests have been wireless).
They just need to 'cover themselves' in case you do get a charge.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
Moved as it was FTTC and not FTTP
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak

w23 raises a good point, are your speed tests wired or wireless?
Though if it's got to the point of PN sending out an engineer I suspect they've covered all that and therefore there is very little chance of you being charged.
Customer / Moderator
javixeneize
Dabbler

Results are wired as they requested. If there is a "little possibility" to be charged, who do they threaten my with this then?
Cry
dvorak

because they get charged by OpenReach / wholesale and they then would pass that charge on - it's to cover themselves should that ever happen.
Not that I'm aware of it ever happening...
Customer / Moderator
javixeneize
Dabbler

Im calling to the telephone number to cancel it but i have no answer
Is enough answering to the ticket stating that i dont want the engineer to come or should i call to the telephone number provided?
Thanks
dvorak

i really wouldn't worry about the possibility of a charge and an engineer will be required to try and get to the bottom of your issues by the sound of it.
I've had an engineer out and it wasn't my equipment and there wasn't anything overly wrong with the line (i.e. nothing was fixed) and I didn't receive a charge.
However, if you do want to cancel then calling them would be the best bet.
Customer / Moderator
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sadly those who "can't be bothered" claim to have carried out tests to eliminate their own equipment even though they haven't. As long as you have carried out the tests and cooperated with Plusnet requests it's unlikely that the fault will be due to anything under your control so little risk of a charge.
Personally I'd accept the visit to get the problem fixed but clearly it's up to you to make the decision.
David