Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Unable to turn interleaving off via portal

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tony - I still need a response to reply #11 before I raise a ticket, I don't want to make matters worse.
Bud
Grafter

Its under My Account - Connection settings here as per screenshot attached , but has been for years.  I think it appeared after a fault was raised when they add interleaving to try and sort the fault.
The line seems to run fine for several months and then there is a single drop which causes issues in which they activate interleaving and reset the line and I end up with a ping around double what it is without interleaving.
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for the screenshot Bud, that makes it crystal clear, as Tony has said it's account/product specific.
I would say that Interleaving on your line has NEVER actually been turned off. The line has been reset and it's remained on AUTO (which is initially off) and has not been set to OFF, so at the first sight of an issue that DLM doesn't like, DLM turns it On.
IF it had actually been set to OFF and Faults/CSC are placing orders to turn it on, then they should be stating that in the relevant ticket.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that Bud. I definitely do not have that as an option on my account, it's something even I couldn't miss.
Anotherone
Champion

@Mook
As you have your own thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135532.0.html and the issue of ping times has now come up there going by the last post, I would have thought it better  to deal with your issue in your thread rather than confuse this one.
Bud
Grafter

Interleaving was turned off and the last time there was a fault there was several days of tickets saying they would turn on interleaving but the order failed which required intervension and then it was turned on manually (there was a ticket stating that it was being turned on)  and then the line reset as BTO said that interleaving had solved the issue  and I haven't bothered to get it removed since as I haven't been doing any online gaming but I am looking to get back into it I would rather its off.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Bud, I've not had an update yet, but I've taken control of the personal so I can ensure it happens.
Mook, apologies. I'll update other thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@Bud
Please excuse the copy and paste ...
<i>"The current proifle is IP/MAX832_6F/DMTU - Office 6dB Fast
As this line has been remotely stabilized. Please allow 2 hrs for the changes to take place advise end user to hard reboot the router and try to log in and further it takes 24 hrs for the line to stabilize" </i>
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Bud
Grafter

Thanks Tony, looks like it took effect straight away by looking at the TBB ping monitor.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Excellent, glad it's sorted. Enjoy.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Bud
Grafter

Ah well, that was short lived.  Interleaving is still off but after an exchange outage today latency has shot back up 😕
Bud
Grafter

And at around 6am this morning interleaving was reapplied to the line.  I guess the 2 drops due to the exchange issue yesterday afternoon and what looks like overnight maintenance at 2am didn't help with the reconnect I made and a single other line drop yesterday.
I hope performance will be better once fibre comes along next month.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I think they put in on automatic. I'll try again for you.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Turns out the order problem was my fault. Anyway, glossing over that, we've done the interleaving change manually from our side and hopefully it will be off (and stay off) by tomorrow.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team