cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select user defined in Thomson TG585 v8

jimmac

Unable to select user defined in Thomson TG585 v8

Hi I have four webcams in dog kennels at home.I have three working but one is not showing up in the list of devices when I try to assign to a game or application. If I select user defined to manually enter the IP address of the device, it keeps reverting back to one of the listed devices. This is driving me nuts so any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Also any advice on how to get the device listed again would be great.
Jim
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Unable to select user defined in Thomson TG585 v8

When in the router firmware page if you look at "home network" do you see the camera in question listed as being connected to one of the 4 ethernet ports? if you do click on it there and then "configure" and try assigning the relevant game/application rule anyway.
Incidentally are you able to use the camera on your local network?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jimmac

Hi Adam no it is not listed in the home network and yes I can see it on my local network so I know the signal is coming through the roter fine. As the dvice is not listed, I have tried selecting "user defined" to input the IOP address but it just keeps reverting to one of the other devices listed. 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, thanks for the prompt reply. I've spoken to a colleague regarding this and we're going to do some remote checks on the router for you. I'll make sure we get back to you once done.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jimmac

Thanks Adam,
The three other camera device id's are listed in the drop down list and they all work fine not just sending the camera signal to the house but also out to the internet so our clients can see their dogs when they are on holiday. Your speedy help would be appreciated as I have a customer dying to see her dog on the camers!!
Cheers
Jim
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,
I have had a look at the remote information to show port forwarding and how IPs are allocated to devices.
The router seems to have see a lot of devices over time and I suspect the router cannot locate the camera, as it thinks it clashes with an internal record of another device.
Can you PM me the IP of the internal camera that doesn't show up and just one of the ones that does, as I should be able to find out more for you.