cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to ftp accounts

hooperman

Unable to log in to ftp accounts

Has anyone else had difficulty with ftp lately? On 7th July I called the help desk as I could not access any ftp sites and I'd tried all the usual tricks. The engineer I spoke to acknowledged there was an issue and said it would be resolved by the following morning. I left ftp alone for the day and, sure enough, the next day everything was fine.
The same problem occurred today, so I called the helpdesk again. This time I was told that there was no problem and that there had been no problem on 7th either.
I have tried turning off all firewalls, I've replaced my router with a different one, I've tried a range of different ftp clients and I've tried to connect to a range of different ftp sites. Every other aspect of my internet service is working fine, it's just ftp that won't work. It either times out or I get a message saying "Connection closed by remote host". I have set up an ftp server within my own LAN and I can connect to that without any problems. I have run a Syslog on my router and that shows the ftp request going out to the Internet on port 21 without hindrance.
I really would appreciate any suggestions on this one as I'm running out of ideas Cry