cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get onto lots of websites

ChrissyR
Dabbler

Unable to get onto lots of websites

hi,  I have just joined plusnet because of moving home, I have an ADSL connection.  I am having huge problems in that I am unable to get on lots of websites.  I have a bigger problem and that is that I can get as far as the yahoo homepage but the green loading circle is continuously going round, if I click on mail to retrieve my emails the circle is still there and I dont get as far as the log in page.  Has anyone got any ideas please?  Thanks  Sad
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Unable to get onto lots of websites

Hi Chrissy,
Welcome to PlusNET and the forums.
Do you have the 2704n router?

@CRT,
Elsewhere around here, I've seen reference by Bob Pullen to a batch of 2704n routers having the wrong MTU configuration.  Is this user's problem related? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139924.msg1234632.html#msg1234632
Irrespective, is anything being done about tracing these known to be incorrectly configured routers to deliver a premeptive resolution?  Is there merit in making this a sticky thread?
@Mods,
Is there merit in merging all threads on this topic?  This is at least the 3rd I've seen in as many days.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ChrissyR
Dabbler

hi Townman, Just checked and I do have the 2702n router
ChrissyR
Dabbler

Sorry, that was meant to read 2704n router
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21