cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create port forward

itm

Unable to create port forward

I am trying to add a new port forward to my Technicolor TG582n router, but am getting the message below:
"The port configuration of the game or application conflicts with an already assigned game & application. Assigning this game or application is not possible."
I assumed that the port number was conflicting with an existing port forward (e.g. that I'd already set up an entry for that port), but when I look at the "Assigned Games and Applications" config page I see 14 existing port forwards. I have inspected each of them and none of them clashes with the port number of the new item.
I tried doing a test, forwarding port 1234, and that worked fine. It's just the new forward that I'm having problems with (with a TCP port number in the 8*** range).
Are there any known bugs with this router that might explain the problem that I'm having? Also, is there a way of testing if/where the problem port is currently being forwarded?
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Unable to create port forward

It wouldn't include port 8080 by any chance would it ?
If so there's an internal HTTPI service on the router that will need disabling.
You need to telnet to the router, login and then issue the follwoing commands to disable the inbuilt service from listening on the WAN
service system ifdelete name=HTTPI group=wan
saveall

You should then be able to forward your port(s)
Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itm

Quote from: MisterW
It wouldn't include port 8080 by any chance would it ?
If so there's an internal HTTPI service on the router that will need disabling.
You need to telnet to the router, login and then issue the follwoing commands to disable the inbuilt service from listening on the WAN
service system ifdelete name=HTTPI group=wan
saveall

You should then be able to forward your port(s)
Hope that helps

No. I have some in the 808* range but not 8080. The new (problem) port is a single port number in the 86** range
ghos7em1
Grafter

its because you have upnp on turn it off then port forward then turn upnp back on Grin
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

If ghos7em1's suggestion doesn't work.
Looking at my TG582 there's nothing on that range of ports by default.
You could try using the following commands ( via telnet ) to see if there's anything on yours that may be a problem
nat maplist
service system list
connection applist
see if any of those list anything that looks like it is on the ports you wish to use

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itm

Quote from: ghos7em1
its because you have upnp on turn it off then port forward then turn upnp back on Grin

Yep that solved it - many thanks. What's the logic behind that?