cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contact the Configuration Server

colinlaird

Unable to contact the Configuration Server

I'm using the BT1801HG Router that was supplied when i signed up to PN's Broadband your way pro, however whenever i try to setup it up it comes up with this error : 'Unable to contact the Configuration Server'.  I can surf the internet and download but my connection drops frequently and using p2p programs are a joke, they oscilate between quite slow speeds and nearly zero speeds.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Unable to contact the Configuration Server

This is actually something that we're looking into internally as we're starting to see a few reports of this (configuration server issues rather than dropping connections!).  We should be getting an HG1801 in fr testing shortly.
Ian's also going to get 2wire to have a look into this for us.
In the meantime, I would be really, really grateful if you could send me an email with a screenshot of the error that you are seeing.
Also, we would need to know what ACS setting you are using.
1, Goto http://192.168.0.254/mdc
2. Go to  Provisioning Info  under Advanced
3. Find "Server Set Configuration" results and paste all of em back to me.
Should look like this:
Server Set Configuration
enable_heartbeat 1
heartbeat_base 0
heartbeat_period 86400
enable_rpc_listen 0
rpc_listen_port 3479
rpc_url twrpcs://gw-3-17-7.rpc.cms.2wire.com:3479
ddomain_name
css_url css://css.cms.2wire.com:3428
pkgset_active 0
pkgset_url
boot_cmdkey
paramattr
Email me all that stuff Smiley  My email address is jbailey@plus.net
mambarock

I have finally got back online after 2 days of receiving this message on my BT 1800HG router.  Was anything ever resolved with this?
The difference with the first post is that I have not been able to get online at all for the last 2 days.

I still have this message but have not pressed 'retry' again since I have been back online, as I don't want to lose my connection again!
James
Grafter

Nope, I was never sent any details, and we're no longer sending out HG1800 routers.
So I'd say it would be extremely unlikely for it to be fixed, I'm afraid.
mambarock

I have had another 2 days without broadband due to the above problem.  Would it help for me to post the info requested below?  It won't be until tonight or tomorrow as I'm posting this from work.  Is there any other information which might help identify the problem?
onyx

I am now receiving this problem myself.
can any plusnet tech please help me? and, as you are no longer supporting the router, would I be able to get another one instead?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi onyx,
We could send you a TG585v8 if you like, we'd need to take a payment of £4.99 on a credit or debit card for the postage but the remainder (£29.99) would sit on your account - this would only need to be paid if you left our service within the next 12 months. Just let me know if you'd like to go for it and I'll arrange it for you.
onyx

If this would solve the problem, I am happy with that.  Would you like the old router back?

Would you like me to add this thread to my open 'question' under the Help and Support part of the main website?

Cheers.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey - I just picked up your fault ticket so I'll give you a call in a bit to sort your new router out Smiley