cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect?

Surfer
Grafter

Unable to connect?

I cannot get online.  Connects okay but then just hangs.  Tried another computer and the same.  All morning it has been getting slower and slower.  Now does not even download a page. I have unplugged the router and plugged it in again to reset it.  Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 65

Re: Unable to connect?

Hi Surfer,
From our point of view you've been online for approximately 6 days. Following that your connection dropped about an hour ago and came back up a few minutes later.
A line test doesn't seem to indicate any issues so if this is still an issue for you I'd advise raising a fault: http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Surfer
Grafter

I switched off the router about an house ago to reset it.  Now appears to be fine.  Is this an issue with routers supplied by Plusnet?  My Belkin was on for far longer lengths of time.
jojopillo
Grafter

Hi Surfer,
I wouldn't say there was a problem with your router at all. There's nothing from what you're saying that would indicate that. Do you download torrents at all? as sometimes routers can become unresponsive when many connections have been open.
Jojo Smiley
Surfer
Grafter

As you can see from my usage I don't normally exceed 5GBper month  as I only download emails and visit some forums.
jojopillo
Grafter

If it was to start happening on a regular basis then it'd be something worth looking at. My router will occasionally freeze and needs a reboot, so it's not something I would be too concerned about every once in a while. Smiley
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 3

I recently managed around 6 weeks uninterrupted connection, which came to an end when the router just "hung" (router lights normal, still apparently connected, just not "doing" anything internet-wise!)  Sad
Rebooting it via the interface didn't do the trick either, I had to power off, leave for 10 minutes and start again, since which time it's been OK.
Mine's a Netgear DG834 - maybe there are others which somehow "clog up" after long periods and get their knickers in a twist.  Undecided