cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the internet since 5pm today?

ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Unable to connect to the internet since 5pm today?

At 5pm today a sudden loss of internet connectivity occurred and I haven't been able to connect since. Does anyone else have this problem or know what it is going on and when I'll be able to connect again?
Regards
37 REPLIES 37
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: Unable to connect to the internet since 5pm today?

No update since the outage started but keep an eye on http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&?helpheader=servicestatus for further updates, probably in the morning now.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes,  there is a current Service Status Report http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1422641789.htm
As there is no update atm, I assume the problem is still ongoing. I would give the CSC - Customer Service Centre a call. If the main issue has been solved you may have a stale session that needs killing.
gwyneryl
Dabbler

Broadband now been down for neary 7 hours, and no update since the first announcement at 18:16.
RADIUS authentication is a fundamental part of the service. I cannot believe that there is a single point of failiure in these systems, or did somebody screw the database making a change for the new parental controls system announced on these forums, with inadequate control of change procedures?
Either way, Not good enough. Time to get a grip Plusnet.
racquel
Grafter

I had a problem at about 5pm too, but got back on by turning the router off for 20 mins, then back on again.
Got an email, too:
"We are currently aware that a small majority of our customers....."
As small majority, eh?! Does that even make grammatical sense?!
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: gwyneryl
.............a change for the new parental controls system announced on these forums........

Err, I've not be on the forum much the last 10 days, where was this, did I miss something?
SimonC
Dabbler

@gwyneryl is spot on. Lack of service is a pain, but complete absence of feedback is unforgivable.
Telling us at midnight to read a service report 6 hours old is useless.
So is a service status that currently (at midnight) tells me there will be an update at 8pm
And why shut your twitter account down?
Anotherone
Champion

There's no Plusnet staff on here at present, so I don't know the answer to your questions, but at a guess that could be why the twitter account is currently down.
Anotherone
Champion

And lo and behold there is an update http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1422663903.htm
gwyneryl
Dabbler

Can't find the exact post dated today from PN staffer Chris, but it related to putting a user on a Trial of http://www.plus.net/support/safeguard.shtml
Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for that.I'll look into it, but I'd say it doesn't have anything to do with the current Outage which looks to me like some major problem somewhere on BT's Network, especially if it's centred around London where Plusnet's Gateways are.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Ive just connected. I've also realised that the page that pops up asking you to connect by using your username and password given by plus net (usually the same one used to log into the forum) I was actually instead using the login details for the router settings page. So it was sort of my ignorance on that part.
Anotherone
Champion

Oh yes, to anyone, don't get confused between the modem/router login and password and your broadband username in the form jobloggs@plusdsl.net and the same password as used to log into Plusnet email main account and "My Account" at the Portal.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Quote from: gwyneryl
Can't find the exact post dated today from PN staffer Chris, but it related to putting a user on a Trial of http://www.plus.net/support/safeguard.shtml

Here's the post:
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136027.msg1195813.html#msg1195813
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: racquel
I had a problem at about 5pm too, but got back on by turning the router off for 20 mins, then back on again.
Got an email, too:
"We are currently aware that a small majority of our customers....."
As small majority, eh?! Does that even make grammatical sense?!

Yes - I've just popped on here having got the email:
We are currently aware that a small majority of our customers are having problems authenticating their connections.
This is causing higher than expected call queues however our network engineers are looking into the issue at present and we're hoping to have this issue resolved shortly.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I presume a "small majority" equals about 55% of customers - that's a BIG problem!
Presumably the email meant to say "A small MINORITY of our customers IS having problems..."  Wink