cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to certain sites

grimjak

Unable to connect to certain sites

I am unable to access certain sites, for example www.amazon.co.uk.  This affects all devices on the network.  It doesn't seem to be a dns issue as I can nslookup the sites.  pinging www.amazon.co.uk times out.  Router is a sagemcom 2704n.

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Unable to connect to certain sites

I wonder if this was a temporary problem ? It works for me and I am with Pnet too, something to do with the route to you kinda unlikely and even less likely to be anything to do with your modem/line as you can access other sites.

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
grimjak

It has been going on for a few weeks. It's a peculiar problem. If I switch a device to cellular data it works fine so it does seem to be at least slightly plusnet related.
leno51
Dabbler

I can't reach that first link also ,,, it is http://www.amazon.co.uk.%20/  ?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The reason you can't reach the first link is because it's corrupted as posted,The 2nd link is fine however. Welcome to the forum by the way,

@grimjak Welcome to the forum to you as well. I suspect this is because of your current IP address. There are some which are newly allocated and registered  to Plusnet, but some organisations haven't correctly updated or corrected errors in their records, see this thread
Don't read it all from the start, jump to the end and read the last few pages. You can check your IP address and post it on the thread if applicable.
You could try "hopping" to pickup a different IP address - do this by logging into your 2704n and on the Home page under Connection Status, in the Internet Status line click <Disconnect>. Wait about 30 seconds and then click <Connect>. This drops your PPP session to Plusnet (but importantly not the sync to the exchange). You then start a new session which should have new IP address (unless you paid £5 to have a fixed one) and maybe on another Gateway