cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to broadband using Netgear...

roadsidetree
Dabbler

Unable to connect to broadband using Netgear...

Hi,
I am a customer of Plusnet for the past 5 months.  First I connected through D-Link wireless router and it worked fine.
Now I am trying to connect using Netgear DG834G v3 wirelss router.  Netgear correctly identified PPPoA connection type.  However when I tried to enter my plusnet user credentials (username@plusdsl.net) Netgear is complaining that it cannot connect to PlusNet network  Sad
Has anyone encountered such an issue before?  Any tips to fix this issue please?
TIA,
4 REPLIES 4
tomcat31
Dabbler

Re: Unable to connect to broadband using Netgear...

I had a similar problem until I spotted that I needed to set the VPI (Virtual Path Identifier) to 0 and the VCI (Virtual Channel Identifier) to 38. I think by default the VPI was 0 and the VCI was 21 on my netgear router
hope this helps
Allen
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Have you tried using the Wizard to set up the connection?
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I have used two 834's - and no problems at all, if you bought them in UK they come preset ready to use on BT Wholesale ADSL
All I did was put in username@plusdsl.net and the password - and they worked straight away.
VC-Based
VPI 0
VCI 38

James
Grafter

Hiya,
It looks like you've now managed to fix this problem?
Looking at the logs from this end, I can see that you have been logged on for the last 3 hours or so.