Has anyone resolved this issue yet?
Can anyone assist me? Cry
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Unable to connect to Xbox live with Thomson 585v8

HI RileyJ,
Have you upgraded the firmware on the router at all. If not, you can upgrade to 8.2.7.8 here.
Jojo Smiley
RileyJ

Hi, Jojo
Yes done all that, the xbox links to router and then stops, won`t connect to internet, I`ve opened ports and typed in loads of different dns servers to no avail.
Fault is the dns server does not recognise xbox.
The router itself,w hen I check internet connection, it has a red cross next to both dns servers, although it connects to my computer ok, any ideas????
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RileyJ,
Have you enabled uPnP?
Jojo Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Now set the DNS to use DynDNS servers, guess what?
XBox Live now connecting Grin
Router connectivity test passes with a full set of green ticks (failed on PlusNet default servers, Google and OpenDNS) Shocked
Now just had to pay for LIVE gold membership for my son as his current game requires gold for online multuiplayer Angry
I DID also change the wireless settings to 'g' only just in case the 'kind-of-n' on the Thomson was causing problems with the XBox 'n' adaptor.  I will try switching back after the boy has finished gaming.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.