cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Spotify via Sonos

tonydata

Unable to connect to Spotify via Sonos

Hello, had a good search but couldn't find the solution so maybe someone can help?
Set up brand new plusnet broadband last night, since then I have not been able to play any tunes from spotify on my Sonos?
I have added, authorised, removed, added authorised Spotify service several times but to no avail... I can add tracks to queue but they will not play and I get the connection to Spotify was lost error message.
Help!  Embarrassed
2 REPLIES 2
paulgregorynet

Re: Unable to connect to Spotify via Sonos

Hi

Same, well similar, problem for me. Bought a Sonos back in June, set it up (well my partner set it up, it was her birthday present!) and for a week or three all worked well. It suddenly stopped with the same issue, you can login and authorise the account, see your playlists, add to queue but playback fails with an error stating that the connection to Spotify was lost.

She contacted Sonos for help and they went through all of their checks, and to cut a long story short there is not a problem with the configuration of the Sonos devices. We factory reset and re-configured Sonos speakers and the controller devices - removed / re-installed on an iPhone, iPad, Windows laptop and Macbook (we have a lot of kit)

Also, the basic Spofity app works fine from IOS, OS X and Windows 10 which would imply that there is some kind of difference in the way the Sonos controller apps work.

Sonos have asked whether or not we block / control any outbound TCP/UDP ports and we do not (I work in IT Infrastructure so i am 100% sure that were good here, networking is kind of my thing). 

I'm going to open a support case with Plusnet, will let you know if I get any answers.

Paul

paulgregorynet

Re: Unable to connect to Spotify via Sonos

Hi

I solved my issue - it was the MTU size setting in the router.

My TP-Link has a default MTU size of 1480 but somehow (perhaps my router auto-negotiated with the Plusnet router) it had changed to 1492. Changing it back to 1480 has resolved the problem.

Hope this helps