cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect this afternoon?

jmd
Grafter

Unable to connect this afternoon?

I have been trying to get on line or collect any emails since 3.10pm and could not, having eventually got on-line[6.35pm] I checked "service status" but there was no mention of any problem!  Could not ring as lost my piece of paper with service number on [have now written it down again!] - has anyone else been having problems?
or is it just me - and if so, why?
I have not raised a ticket becauce I could not so so when I had problem and now connection is working again!
4 REPLIES 4
artificer
Grafter

Re: Unable to connect this afternoon?

i was online at those times and had no trouble.  if others report the same i'd be looking at other possibilities.  maybe rebooting the router would help.  stopping and starting the ethernet sometimes does the trick.  just pulling out the ethernet plug and pushing it back in will sometimes sort it out.
if it's your local exchange, you can't do much about it.  did you try your telephone for making a call?
can't think of anything else at the moment.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Anything here to suggest what the problem might have been.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

procul

Did "jmd" get an error message for this, or what was the sign of "no connection" ?
Any further details ? Undecided
jmd
Grafter

As I said, the wireless connection was there but I could not connect to Plusnet or anyone else - no actual error message but the screen just said site not available when off line!
I tried rebooting router too.
I could make phone calls no problem.
The exchange is not on list of those affected.
So I just kept trying and eventually the connection was made..................