Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT!! Please could I have Plusnet CEO Jamie Ford's email address

kemik
Dabbler

URGENT!! Please could I have Plusnet CEO Jamie Ford's email address

Hi,
Does anyone have Jamie Ford's email address please save me having to find it elsewhere....which I will do if needed.
Reason: Stupidly swapped from Sky Broadband which has been perfect for many years to PlusNet last week of July 2013 to save some money but yet to have Broadband working correctly in all that time!
Many tickets raised, service levels exceeded, many people saying they're going to fix, many people saying to call back which they don't and everyone blaming someone else in Plusnet for not calling back/fixing the problem. So having had the patience to deal with all that until today my patience has gone. I would like to get Jamie's views on how firstly Plusnet expect to fix my broadband, secondly confirmation that they are going to credit me for lack of service and thirdly how Plusnet expect to resolve problems such as mine so that no one else has to go through the dealings I've had to for the last few weeks. I wish I had never moved to Plusnet!
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
James
Grafter

Re: URGENT!! Please could I have Plusnet CEO Jamie Ford's email address

Hi Kemik,
I'm responsible for handling any complaints that are made to Jamie, in fact he would pass me yours were you to email him.
I've just closed 3 unnecessary (not your fault) tickets on your account and I'm going to get a member of my team to pick up the ongoing fault one that you have open.
You should hear from us before half five today.
Melancholie
Grafter

I feel your pain, Kemik.
The whole experience has reminded me in a big way why I made a point of avoiding BT Wholesale based services for so long.
kemik
Dabbler

Ok guys you had your 24 hours or more to resolve or to bring a satisfactory response as to how this is gong to be resolved and I don't believe that 'BT wholesale are going to take a week to fix' is acceptable.
I now have Jamie Ford's email address and I am writing to him right now. My belief is that he will also find the having to wait another week without working broadband having waited since the 27th of July for someone to fix an issue not usually my style but a necessary action given the total failure of your customer support and more importantly customer service processes!
I don't expect a call back from anyone as only 1 person out of the many has ever returned a call when they have said they would but I do expect a reply from Jamie given the email I'm writing to him
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Tony on my team called you yesterday, in addition to calling you again today.  I've just made him aware of your message and he'll be in touch before he finishes tonight.
kemik
Dabbler

Correct!
He did indeed call and that was how I was made aware that it would be another week before anything might be resolved because allegedly BT have put me on ADSL1 and it takes a week to move me to ADSL2. My download has amazingly reduced from 14.4 down to 8mb capped during that time tho?? strange on ADSL1?  yet the problem is that I have almost no upload at all! and always has been the issue!! look at the wholesale speed test results and look at the logs and also think about where the issues are and lastly put yourself in my 'the customer' shoes please before responding to my messages will ill considered responses thank you
dick:quote
James
Grafter

I completely understand your frustration, but emails to Jamie won't change the date that the changes will occur.
As I've said to you before, Jamie will acknowledge your difficulties and ask me/my team to deal with your case.  I assure you that you are in the best possible hands, but feel free to email him should you wish to do so.
kemik
Dabbler

Very interesting business dynamic....
....so you have a head of a business a CEO whom is ultimately responsible for the business and one would assume has the correct level of influence/power to make things happen
....and you are also part of the BT group...
....and yet your response suggests that unlike most businesses with CEO's the PlusNet CEO Jamie Ford doesn't have any the influence/power that one would normally have in his position to be able to get things done within your larger organisation....I hope he does a fantastic presentation to BT majority shareholders then otherwise I am sure they'd be interested to hear his lack of ability to make things happen  Huh
Also and I quote you say  'I completely understand your frustration'...so please be honest in your response - are you paying a broadband provider and not getting what you paid for and is your internet not working?  If you can answer YES to BOTH those questions you could claim to possibly share my frustration however if not you cannot and therefore for someone in a customer service role show little respect to customer empathy
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Openreach and Wholesale are effectively different companies.  Jamie is specifically restricted from having influence over how Openreach and Wholesale conduct their business. 
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
mikehiow
Grafter

It's worth noting that even BT Retail should in theory have this issue as BT Retail and BT Openreach were a forced regulatory split AFAIK.
krs360
Grafter

I stopped working for BT in 2009.  BT Retail/any other provider should have the same level of access/lead times to wholesale under equivalence of input iirc?
James
Grafter

Correct.
unaszplodrmann
Dabbler

Shame the regulator didn't also prevent one member of the BT Group effectively doing advertising for another. If Openreach weren't using the cabinets to draw people to BT Infinity, other members of the BT Group might have to work a little harder to retain custom and the confidence of the regulator.